Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello everyone

I want to use my Innuos in the studio but have no Ethernet cable in there. I would like to buy a wifi gadget that has an Ethernet output for the Innuos. Have no idea what to buy. Any ideas please? Not keen on the mains plugs as they could me problems in the past with amps motorboating - even the non-valve Luxman motorboated.

Thanks

Reactions: Ceko

Amormusic

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 27, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello everyone

I want to use my Innuos in the studio but have no Ethernet cable in there. I would like to buy a wifi gadget that has an Ethernet output for the Innuos. Have no idea what to buy. Any ideas please? Not keen on the mains plugs as they could me problems in the past with amps motorboating - even the non-valve Luxman motorboated.

Thanks
Get yourself a Mesh network. Have the main mesh hub connected to the router wherever that lives, then another couple round the house, with one very close to your Innuos and then feed an ethernet out from it. You will also then benefit from top whack internet and no dropouts. Hell, as an extra benefit you'll even likely get a ridiculously high download speed at the bottom of your garden like I do.

There are lots of options, but I picked one up with three hubs for under £100 and it's great - gives me rock solid internet all around my house (which is also solid walled).

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hello everyone

Thanks
I started a topic yesterday on the Computer based Hi-Fi section.

Reactions: DomT

Bodgit

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2019
Woking
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not keen on the mains plugs as they could me problems in the past with amps motorboating
What do you mean, motorboating? I'm using a pair of high speed Devolo powerline adapters between the under stairs cupboard (where the router and everything else is) and the log cabin situated about 30m down the garden. Works flawlessly.

Reactions: Tony_J

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What do you mean, motorboating? I'm using a pair of high speed Devolo powerline adapters between the under stairs cupboard (where the router and everything else is) and the log cabin situated about 30m down the garden. Works flawlessly.
Its a sound that typically valve amps make when they have interference on mains etc. Its the sound of a motorboat that comes through your speakers without music playing. That it Also happened on an S/S Luxman amp was weird. Lots of people use them and don't have problems. As it's to be used in a system with valve amps I am not taking the risk again.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At the Wam Show the internet that we were to use was not suitable for Wi-Fi extenders . This was a major problem for me as I only had music on hard drive . Lurch leant me an ifi Bluetooth which gave digital out and then cast from my phone which an sd card with music on quality was superb . In my view at the level this unit works it is a real simple option .

Reactions: Tony_J

Bodgit

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2019
Woking
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Its a sound that typically valve amps make when they have interference on mains etc. Its the sound of a motorboat that comes through your speakers without music playing. That it Also happened on an S/S Luxman amp was weird. Lots of people use them and don't have problems. As it's to be used in a system with valve amps I am not taking the risk again.
What you describe sounds like what I sometimes get on my power amps, except it’s the transformer cores vibrating due to asymmetry on the mains. Weird that you’ve got this sound coming through the speakers, must be some other effect.

Shakey_Studioincar

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 17, 2014
Portsmouth
studioincar.co.uk
AKA
Carl Shakespeare
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We use these around the shop to get ethernet to stuff like Hegel amps that only have Ethernet and are too far away from the router. They receive your wi-fi and then can send it on to extend your reception (ie, upstairs in a house) or you can hard wire from the ethernet port to the unit. These are NOT broadband over copper extenders, that’s a different tool entirely.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-Wi...icXNhIjoiMy4wNCIsInFzcCI6IjIuNjMifQ==&sr=8-20
Rgds,

Carl.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At the Wam Show the internet that we were to use was not suitable for Wi-Fi extenders .
Tony_J and I are on this issue, it's to do with the premium wifi, I used the public SSID which was OK but not ideal.

To answer the OP @DomT in my experience any modern TP-Link extender will work like a dream, cheap as chips but very reliable kit. Used on my ZENmini at the show.

Reactions: tuga

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tony_J and I are on this issue, it's to do with the premium wifi, I used the public SSID which was OK but not ideal.

To answer the OP @DomT in my experience any modern TP-Link extender will work like a dream, cheap as chips but very reliable kit. Used on my ZENmini at the show.
I started using one last weekend and it works perfectly.
It has an ethernet ouput which I connect to the audio switch.

Reactions: Tony_J and Maverick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles