Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2009
London, , United Kin
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For sale, my WB Square One speakers as part of a move back to 2 channel audio.

They look utterly stunning.  I have always used them with grills on, which is a bit of a waste.
Below are pics of my speakers:

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1418_1.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

I have them mounted on a pair of Target stands, which are 70cm tall and bring the speakers up to an appropriate listening height.  The stands will be included in the sale.

The Square 1s are the "entry level" WB speakers, which is an interesting term for a pair of speakers that retail at circa £1600.

Official Specs are:

• 200 watts peak unclipped program
  • 87dB Sensitivity
  • 6ohms Nominal impedance
  • Maximum SPL of 107dB
  • 70Hz-24Hz +/-2dB Frequency Response
  • 1" Silk Dome Wilson Benesch specific HF driver
  • 7" Wilson Benesch Tactic LF driver
  • Assisted Bass Radiator
  • 10 Litre Internal Volume
  • Bi-wire / Bi-amp input terminals
  • H 325mm x W 200mm x H 285mm
  • Gloss
  • Black / Burr Walnut Gloss / Maple Satin / Cherry Red
The speakers are a two way design, but then also use a "tactile driver" to assist/control the bass region. The specs say 70hz on the rolloff.  Certainly seems to be lower in real life.
I believe the drivers are shared with the Arc, which retails at over £2500, so you'd be getting a serious set of hardware.

My speakers are the first generation.  The newer ones have bottom firing ports.  As per normal with a pair of speakers, just a different compromise.  I'm assuming that the newer ones go slightly deeper in bass.  Personally I've usually preferred non-ported speakers as I believe they've more coherent across the range.

All I know is that they sound utterly fabulous and are easily the best "small standmount" I've heard.
For reference, my main speakers are a pair of Impulse Ta'us, which are 3 way horn loaded speakers.
The SQ1s don't have the effortlessness of the Ta'us (understandable as the have a distinctly "normal" efficiency, vs something with 94db/w).  Unsurprisingly they don't go anything like as deep.  They are however awesomely dynamic across the range that they can deliver and if anything, are slightly better sounding in the mid range.

I've been driving them with a Mission Cyrus Power amp, and as mentioned, only as rears, so they've had a fairly easy life.

Very happy to dem to anyone who wants a listen.

Located in Cheam, south London, postcode are SM1.  

I don't have the boxes, and would expect them to be collected as I'm rather uncomfortable about the idea of sending something that's probably quite easy to damage via the post.  I can deliver to anyone sensibly close for a nominal cost.

I'm thinking of circa £625 including the stands.
PM me if you wish to discuss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles