Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Recent purchase of Arcs. Initial listening with Mono Valve amps giving 20w a side And flac…..Detail monsters. They disappear. Fast, powerful and gentle in equal measures. Surround you with sound. Lovely clear highs without any biting edge.….yet…..More listening needed for better feedback.
ignore the 104/2 at the back…i will tidy up later….
IMG_1363.png

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
Liverpool
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Recent purchase of Arcs. Initial listening with Mono Valve amps giving 20w a side And flac…..Detail monsters. They disappear. Fast, powerful and gentle in equal measures. Surround you with sound. Lovely clear highs without any biting edge.….yet…..More listening needed for better feedback.
ignore the 104/2 at the back…i will tidy up later….
IMG_1363.png
Oh yeah that old chestnut I will tidy up .😂

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now having half a dozen hours in with the Arc speakers with my subs. The words I would use are…
musical
detailed
drive
fast
life-like
holographic
great imaging
transparent
i can tell you, its early doors but these speakers in this room with the accompanying kit. I am loving them. I may have to try a different Dac, as the one I am using is pretty new to my ears also.

Last edited:

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Now having half a dozen hours in with the Arc speakers with my subs. The words I would use are…
musical
detailed
drive
fast
life-like
i can tell you, its early doors but these speakers in this room with the accompanying kit. I am loving them. I may have to try a different Dac, as the one I am using is pretty new to my ears also.
Arcs were always on my wish list years ago but then I got my Proacs and they fell of my radar. I'd still one to hear a pair in my system. The way you describe them they seem a perfect fit.

Reactions: m7rso

aardvarkaudio

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 23, 2014
I love the Arcs for the money on the used market I think they are really impressive especially if you pair with a sub. I run Discoveries now and find they interact more with the room than the Arc did so placement is more sensitive.

Reactions: m7rso

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles