would the following benefit me??

budgetblown

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2009
Cardiff, UK
AKA
Leigh
If you needed a phono preamp you wouldn't have ANY noise from your records. What is your equipment - turntable, amplifier in particular?

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
If you needed a phono preamp you wouldn't have ANY noise from your records. What is your equipment - turntable, amplifier in particular?
err,

Wammer
reputation_pos.png

Join Date May 2013Posts 133Location PaisleyReal Name AllanTurn Table Pro-Ject Debut IIIT/Arm & Cart Ortofan Super 10SUT/Phono Arcam a18 on boardDigital Source 1 Denon DCD 425Digital Source 2 n/aDAC Creative SoundcardIntegrated Amp Arcam FMJ A18Speakers Monitor Audio 5iPre Amp Earphones: B&W P5In the Hi-Fi industry? No

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
You don't need one. They are for use with amplifiers that don't have a built-in Phono input, yours does.

Some albums are louder than others - it's how they are recorded and produced.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not a daft question at all.

A phono stage deals with frequency equalisation and usually increases the signal level from a cartridge to roughly equate to other sources.

As MIB says, your amp has one so adding an external one might increase quality, but won't change the basics.

I'm sure that I and others could suggest ways to 'better' your system, but it's not in any way bad by a long stretch.

Hang around here and best of all, try to get to a few get togethers of like-minded lunatics and get a feel for what you are aiming at.

Alternatively, just buy some more music and enjoy it.

June

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2008
Transylancashire
AKA
Morris Karloff
No such thing as a daft question...
What is the right age to teach my dog about sex?

And how do I post a question on this forum?

Why do my balls smell of ham even though I shower every day?

Thanks in advance.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What is the right age to teach my dog about sex? Depends on whether he/she is giving or taking

And how do I post a question on this forum?

You just did

Why do my balls smell of ham even though I shower every day?

You are a Gloucestershire Old Spot. I will be round later with a large knife

Thanks in advance.
Answers provided

June

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2008
Transylancashire
AKA
Morris Karloff
Thanks Richard.

Could you offer advice on this conundrum - I enjoy watching Porky Pig cartoons. Is this Halal?

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
The original question was fine. I was referring to the "what is your turntable and amplifier" question from a 2368 poster wammer when its written on the left.
Don't worry, at least one of us got it :^

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Richard.Could you offer advice on this conundrum - I enjoy watching Porky Pig cartoons. Is this Halal?
Depends on whether you get a semi or not.

Cable Monkey

Staff member
May 16, 2006
Birmingham, UK
AKA
Henry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Richard.Could you offer advice on this conundrum - I enjoy watching Porky Pig cartoons. Is this Halal?
Porky Pig is Haram (forbidden).

This is on two counts:

He is a pig.

He stands on his hind legs an talks like a man.

As a non-Muslim (what does that mean?) I personally think he is unsuitable for stud, so I'd eat him myself. But I like cartoons and his dislike for that long eared carrot eating twat chimes in with my own predjudices so he may have his uses. In fact the question has left me genuinely conflicted. Damn you Sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles