Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's a cracking deal - if this had appeared 6 months ago (before I'd spent out on expanding my EOS kit) I'd have been seriously tempted by this.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I haven't read that or even seen it, never heard of Fuji, don't need one, go away . :doh:

Sumdumgi

Interstellar Overdriver
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
Durham
AKA
Les
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I haven't read that or even seen it, never heard of Fuji, don't need one, go away . :doh:
There's always something new, something 'better' and a deal to tempt you in photography just as much as in HiFi. I've already got too many cameras, too many lenses and a wife with very sharp eyesight - good as that deal looks it's a definite no from me :D

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fab deal for anyone contemplating buying a camera. Why do these deals never appear when I want another camera??

fordy

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 29, 2006
Wirral, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
does this mean that an X2 pro is a few weeks away?
Could well be as I've noticed price drops here too and good bundles with the two zooms. X-E2 was preceded by a series of price drops on the X-E1 to clear the shelves. Fuji have remained relatively tight lipped about the X-Pro2 so far and there has only been one recent source saying that it will come in 2014. Might be early 2014.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Could well be as I've noticed price drops here too and good bundles with the two zooms. X-E2 was preceded by a series of price drops on the X-E1 to clear the shelves. Fuji have remained relatively tight lipped about the X-Pro2 so far and there has only been one recent source saying that it will come in 2014. Might be early 2014.
I always just before christmas is a good time!

Gromit

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2006
Yellowbellyshire
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bet it arrives 2014 at Photokina. (prob a bad spelling)
Reckon you could be right Bob - I believe Fuji did the same with the X100 (2010?) having kept it very much under wraps.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think they are going to have to do something really special. They caught the market dozing through the recession with the X series, but Sony and Nikon and Olympus have all awoken now, and if Canon are brewing something too maybe??? The new sensor sounds very interesting. I have been a fuji fan since for 10 years since they were clearly the ONLY firm who were not engaged in the megapixel race and understood the relationship between image quality, pixel size, processing engines and dynamic range. Sadly, about 5 years back they succumbed to market forces and went megapixel in their compacts, but then produced the X series. Now they need to move it on again. If anyone can, Fuji can.

photowizz

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 18, 2010
Windsor
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think they are going to have to do something really special. They caught the market dozing through the recession with the X series, but Sony and Nikon and Olympus have all awoken now, and if Canon are brewing something too maybe??? The new sensor sounds very interesting. I have been a fuji fan since for 10 years since they were clearly the ONLY firm who were not engaged in the megapixel race and understood the relationship between image quality, pixel size, processing engines and dynamic range. Sadly, about 5 years back they succumbed to market forces and went megapixel in their compacts, but then produced the X series. Now they need to move it on again. If anyone can, Fuji can.
Can't argue with that reasoning. My first ever digital camera was a Fuji compact in 2002, just to test the waters. Excellent cameras now but need to keep ahead of the pack.

Canon are, allegedly, bringing a new mirrorless out soon.

photowizz

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 18, 2010
Windsor
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Their last one wasn't great. Barely worth the £300 that they can sell them for now.
Sold out in big US dealers, once they reduced the price. Never tried one but, by all accounts, much better with the recent firmware update.

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
I still think that the X-trans filter technology that only Fuji has is a step up from everybody else, and not easily copied by others who are nowhere near as advanced in sensor technology, maybe Sony and Canon could try something like that if it isn't patented.

I also think Fuji has hit the nail on the head with the lenses. None of them are cheap, but the build quality and optics is a step above anybody else at the price IME.

I bought mine when there was a promotion and on impulse. Since I got it it has been my most used camera since the AF (for grandchildren...) and lens quality (near Leica) makes it a more universal choice than my M9, which was my previous most used camera, and I now should sell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles