Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Peterborough.
AKA
Alan Ralph
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All,

Went to a Ham Radio Junk sale tonight and picked up a working Yamaha CT 600 tuner for £5.

I wonder how it rates in the hifi community.

Unfortunately its the wrong colour, shape and size to be part of the main system, but will connect it up tomorrow and see how it performs.(normally I get my radio feed from the Internet or Via Virgin Tivo Box.(I cant even remember the last FM tuner I had, perhaps Quad FM4 some 16 years ago, after then it was freeview, freesat etc).

I may put it to use in either the conservatory system or the home office.

I live about 6 miles from the main transmitter, so signal strength should not be an issue.

Alan

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
Very capable tuner - put a loose paper bag over it while using it, so that its appearance doesn't clash with your system, and enjoy the excellent FM sound.

:^

Radioham

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Peterborough.
AKA
Alan Ralph
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Before connecting it into the system, I thought i would just take the cover off and do a visual inspection. Plus i needed to replace the mains lead, as the previous owner had cut it quite short. I did find one safety issue in that the on/off switch was in the live lead and the fuse was in the nuetral.which is quite common with japan made equipment as they did not realy understand the concept of the british earth and nuetral.most equipment was wired for two pin usa style reversable plugs. Anyway its now on soak test before connecting it into the system.

alan

Radioham

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Peterborough.
AKA
Alan Ralph
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Been doing some critical listening. Sounds very good. Very little to choose between the yamaha and the virgin tivo box with my mf v-dac.Very hard to say which one is better.

Alan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.