Wammer
Wammer
Sep 6, 2011
NORTH EAST
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Picked these up over the weekend..got them playing now and they sound spectacular...thoughts please..has anyone else got a pair or experience of these speakers...ta...Alan

YAMAHANS344_zpse1a9d14b.jpg'%20alt='YAMAHANS344_zpse1a9d14b.jpg'

mad-moon

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 6, 2011
NORTH EAST
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
They are a different sound altogether than the Darius'.. not as warm..but they have bags of power..very crisp and maybe a tad dry..They are still playing and easy to listen to..big soundsatge..you can hear every detail of the music..I'm liking them quite a lot..I think I'll keep them...not bad for a twenty pound note..hee-hee...

Look cracking Alan. Are they as good as the Darius' ?

mad-moon

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 6, 2011
NORTH EAST
AKA
Alan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yep..twenty quid for the pair..they've been playing all day..i'll put the Darius' back in shortly..and see which is staying in....

edit....Darius' back in....Yamaha's don't have a look in...

M

MJ.

yep..twenty quid for the pair..they've been playing all day..i'll put the Darius' back in shortly..and see which is staying in....edit....Darius' back in....Yamaha's don't have a look in...
Now, that's what I would have thought !

Stills

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Portishead.
I have yet to hear the "mighty NS1000" with my own ears. There seems to be a lot of hype on various forums about them. I know that they were supposedly a studio speaker or was that just yamaha marketing hype for Mr Domestic HiFi?

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have yet to hear the "mighty NS1000" with my own ears. There seems to be a lot of hype on various forums about them. I know that they were supposedly a studio speaker or was that just yamaha marketing hype for Mr Domestic HiFi?
Not hype at all, the NS1000 is an excellent loudspeaker. Amazing to think the design is nearly 40 years old :shock:

Stills

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Portishead.
Were they actually used mainstream recording studios? Would be interesting to hear some albums that were mastered on them. Does anybody know of any albums?

craigmclellan

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2011
Boston, Lincolnshire
AKA
Craig
Not sure, though I would be interested to hear some!

All I can say is, Spotify streamed music sounds fine on them, but the well produced, talent on any media (Vinyl/CD/Tape) sends the emotions right into you, you forget the speakers are there.

I've never experienced anything like it in my own home. Some people don't like them, but I suspect that is down to the wrong equipment and being wrongly placed.

Stills

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2010
Portishead.
Not sure, though I would be interested to hear some!All I can say is, Spotify streamed music sounds fine on them, but the well produced, talent on any media (Vinyl/CD/Tape) sends the emotions right into you, you forget the speakers are there.

I've never experienced anything like it in my own home. Some people don't like them, but I suspect that is down to the wrong equipment and being wrongly placed.
Same goes for most kit, having had a quick scope on the net the phrase " bright" seems to show its face quite frequently. So partner accordingly , maybe valves, o but of course that would colour that studio sound wouldn't it...

Sounds like your loving them though, good man:) :) :)

craigmclellan

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2011
Boston, Lincolnshire
AKA
Craig
I love mine.

I'm sensitive to brightness too - I don't detect that at all. I suspect that is people who like you say aren't partnering accordingly or who aren't positioning them against a wall.

themadlatvian

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 28, 2008
Huddersfield
AKA
John
Trust me, it isn't hype. Bloody magnificent loudspeakers, genuine high-end sound.

Get to hear them, you will then understand what everyone is going on about.

As to them being studio monitors, the NS1000 were larger domestic versions, the NS1000Ms were supposed monitors, but I don't know how much they were actually used professionally. I have a very nice pair of NS1000Ms which I inherited from my Dad - lovely things.

:^

enbee23

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2005
North of Scotland,
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Were they actually used mainstream recording studios? Would be interesting to hear some albums that were mastered on them. Does anybody know of any albums?
The NS1000M(onitor) was so called to differentiate it from the NS1000 ebony-clad domestic version. As it happened, the M was cheaper and sold in far higher numbers. It is what people "see" when thinking of the NS1000/M. As it happens, they did end up being used in broadcast studios around the world.

Same goes for most kit, having had a quick scope on the net the phrase " bright" seems to show its face quite frequently. So partner accordingly , maybe valves, o but of course that would colour that studio sound wouldn't it...Sounds like your loving them though, good man:) :) :)
Yes, they definitely do need the right amp to perform at their best. Some valve amps work very well with them, as do some SS.

I take it that as you own medium size PMCs with a reassuringly burly Bryston, you know all about studio equipment? The notion that valves are too coloured for studio use is quite funny :^

Jezzer

Passionate
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
NS-1000Ms - fantastic speakers. Fast and transparent. :^

Forum statistics

Threads