Does this happen to you?

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You play hours of really good music, smooth, dynamic, tuneful, melodic.  Then it gets to the weird bit and in walks the wife/girlfriend/mother/boyfriend/significant other and asks, what on earth is this racket!

Just happened to me in the off key weird bit of Atom Heart Mother, wife asks what on earth is this, subtext "racket"

Of course this happens more if you play Tales From Topographic Oceans, or Tarkus, or any Jazz (red rag to bull here 😉) or Miles Davis (which I don't), add own flavour of racket here...................

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s a common thing with Wammers I feel.  Brandt Brauer Frick - Mr Machine has a similar effect here 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: MVJ and tackleberry

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I only tried 1 Zappa album and it had the same effect on me!

Joes Garage, I think I only got through 1 1/2 sides of a triple album.

Also Trout Mask Replica works.  And a lot of Yes/ELP

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s a common thing with Wammers I feel.  Brandt Brauer Frick - Mr Machine has a similar effect here 😁
I looked at that when you had it on listening earlier tonight.  The description on Wiki had me not trying it, was it modern industrial take on techno or something like that 😉

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I usually find RP has a long run (several hours) and then they stick a bloody Jethro Tull dirge into the mix ELP, YES & Harry Manx also get my back up and reaching for the skip button. 

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I usually find RP has a long run (several hours) and then they stick a bloody Jethro Tull dirge into the mix ELP, YES & Harry Manx also get my back up and reaching for the skip button. 
I am afraid I like YES and ELP but agree on Jethro Tull.  I have tried and failed often.

It would seem there is probably more albums that wind up the family than not.  

RP? Robert Plant, Robert Palmer, Rick Parfitt, Rebecca Pigeon, 

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You play hours of really good music, smooth, dynamic, tuneful, melodic.  Then it gets to the weird bit and in walks the wife/girlfriend/mother/boyfriend/significant other and asks, what on earth is this racket!

Just happened to me in the off key weird bit of Atom Heart Mother, wife asks what on earth is this, subtext "racket"

Of course this happens more if you play Tales From Topographic Oceans, or Tarkus, or any Jazz (red rag to bull here 😉) or Miles Davis (which I don't), add own flavour of racket here...................
Not anymore. I traded her in !

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I trust you brazened it out by extoling the virtues of what you were listening to?

or any Jazz (red rag to bull here 😉) or Miles Davis
This may be opening a complicated can of worms, but isn't Miles Davis jazz then?

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I trust you brazened it out by extoling the virtues of what you were listening to?

This may be opening a complicated can of worms, but isn't Miles Davis jazz then?
No he's more Jazz than Jazz, have tried and failed to like Jazz and Miles.

No brazening required, she just went back to the tellydross.

Juancho

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 22, 2014
London
AKA
David
I am afraid I like YES and ELP but agree on Jethro Tull.  I have tried and failed often.

It would seem there is probably more albums that wind up the family than not.  

RP? Robert Plant, Robert Palmer, Rick Parfitt, Rebecca Pigeon, 
Surely you like Aqualung Steve Wilson remix? forget the rest.......

Reactions: Strider

toms wait

Wammer
Wammer
May 20, 2015
Lancaster
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nah, just keep playing it, they'll get it eventually.
My OH doesn't really like music that much, so anything even vaguely discordant get's "the look"

We have a name for it.  One of her nicknames is "El Bongostini" don't ask, she is known as Ali so records she doesn't like are known as "Bongo removal albums" its a loose variation on an old Vic Reeves Big Night Out gag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.