fo.q tape

audiobuff

Wammer
Apr 15, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My contention is that they are as they convert vibration to heat just as the fo.q product says it does. It may be better at it than
say 3M can achieve but I doubt it. If it works for you fine
OK youre right, I could have put that better.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
OK youre right, I could have put that better.
Have you checked that tampering inside electrical devices is safe and that it has no effect on your home insurance? I'm referring to the Kite Mark and how changing the internals affects that standard.

Reactions: Blzebub and Tony_J

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My contention is that they are as they convert vibration to heat just as the fo.q product says it does. It may be better at it than
say 3M can achieve but I doubt it. If it works for you fine
Don't be silly. I mean, what do you know? Jeez, anyone would think you had some kind of background in this stuff :ROFLMAO:

audio_PHIL_e

audioPHILe
Wammer
Jul 21, 2020
The wrong planet
soundcloud.com
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have you checked that tampering inside electrical devices is safe and that it has no effect on your home insurance? I'm referring to the Kite Mark and how changing the internals affects that standard.
While nobody likes the idea of some untrained nerk levering the lid off with a screwdriver and performing totally inappropriate changes to internal circuitry ...
I fear the use of the word "tamper" is influenced by insurance companies who will find any excuse not to pay a claim (eg your wagon is using a different brand of spark plug or oil filter to what it was originally fitted with).

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
While nobody likes the idea of some untrained nerk levering the lid off with a screwdriver and performing totally inappropriate changes to internal circuitry ...
I fear the use of the word "tamper" is influenced by insurance companies who will find any excuse not to pay a claim (eg your wagon is using a different brand of spark plug or oil filter to what it was originally fitted with).
Unfortunately, the increasingly 'do not touch' attitude of many companies and institutions is not helped by 'modifiers' who are clueless as to the potential outcomes of what they're doing.

I've had a few things on the bench here that have been 'improved' by someone, and as a result have been made potentially lethal.

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some of the comments in this thread are pretty insulting. Like the OP said, how can you judge this product without trying it?

As it happens, I received some fo.Q just this week after a recommendation from a late friend of mine who tragically died in a house fire. I will post my impressions here once I've been able to try it myself. It might be a couple of weeks however as I have 150 capacitors to cover in my Denafrips Terminator.

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some of the comments in this thread are pretty insulting. Like the OP said, how can you judge this product without trying it?

As it happens, I received some fo.Q just this week after a recommendation from a late friend of mine who tragically died in a house fire. I will post my impressions here once I've been able to try it myself. It might be a couple of weeks however as I have 150 capacitors to cover in my Denafrips Terminator.
We have to try everything? It'll be a quiet forum.

• Haha
Reactions: maddog_007

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

You may have to change the DAC name to Terminator +.

TIU

Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
masking-tape.jpeg
Inspired by this thread I have now improved my system immeasurably. This masking tape works by taming shrill vocals.

friction-tape.jpeg
This friction tape has given me inkier blacks and smoother highs, especially after being fitted all over my cart and tonearm.

security-tape.jpeg
Security tape. No one will nick my hifi now.

holographic-tape.jpeg
Holographic tape, speaks for itself. It's spooky what this does.

flagging-tape.jpeg
This flagging tape has sorted out the speed issues on my tt and cdp.

Government_issue_duct_tape.jpeg
And this silver tape you have to try. I've never heard such sharp higher frequencies.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
masking-tape.jpeg
Inspired by this thread I have now improved my system immeasurably. This masking tape works by taming shrill vocals.

friction-tape.jpeg
This friction tape has given me inkier blacks and smoother highs, especially after being fitted all over my cart and tonearm.

security-tape.jpeg
Security tape. No one will nick my hifi now.

holographic-tape.jpeg
Holographic tape, speaks for itself. It's spooky what this does.

flagging-tape.jpeg
This flagging tape has sorted out the speed issues on my tt and cdp.

Government_issue_duct_tape.jpeg
And this silver tape you have to try. I've never heard such sharp higher frequencies.
I see you've got it all taped...🤣

• Haha
Reactions: maddog_007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.