Is there anybody out there?

epo001

Wammer
Oct 21, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's gone quiet because many of the older active users have gone away and because some people who are hanging on don't realise the log out/in manoeuvre which is now necessary (ironically I discovered this on Maverick).

The good old days that people are hankering after was a product of the users and the moderators, the mods have gone as have many of the active users. They won't be coming back and the old wam won't be returning unless the people who want it back actively make it better. I can't see that happening as the whole attitude seems to be "why doesn't someone (else) fix it?".

Last edited:
Reactions: hifinutt

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's gone quiet because many of the older active users have gone away and because some people who are hanging on don't realise the log out/in manoeuvre which is now necessary (ironically I discovered this on Mavericks).

The good old days that people are hankering after was a product of the users and the moderators, the mods have gone as have many of the active users. They won't be coming back and the old wam won't be returning unless the people who want it back actively make it better. I can't see that happening as the whole attitude seems to be "why doesn't someone (else) fix it?".
The only people who can fix the website issues are the owners the mods couldn't do anything about it.

epo001

Wammer
Oct 21, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The only people who can fix the website issues are the owners the mods couldn't do anything about it.
Not just fixing the website, though that is a necessary first step, it is rebuilding the community. If the old people have moved on that will take a new set of people; the old wam is gone, it isn't coming back.

I come here out of morbid curiosity these days, (looks at bottom right, one of five people online, three of whom are guests).

Reactions: timster

epo001

Wammer
Oct 21, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This morning I couldn't see the site because I was logged in but they are obviously working on it. Just now I couldn't see the site because I wasn't logged in

Joss

Wammer
May 3, 2021
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all, been trying to log in for ages but I thought the site was gone. I signed up for maverick then noticed I could log back into the wam. What's the problem with the site, is it a security issue or hosting problem. I'm more a lurker than a daily poster but have always enjoyed it here.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This is the first time in months I've been able to view let alone post here, happy to be here though 😁

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all, been trying to log in for ages but I thought the site was gone. I signed up for maverick then noticed I could log back into the wam. What's the problem with the site, is it a security issue or hosting problem. I'm more a lurker than a daily poster but have always enjoyed it here.
Primarily hosting I think (there is no tech support so it's on autopilot) but security could equally be an issue. Some have said there has been a password hack but I can't confirm or deny that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online