Linn Axis Mk 2

Buspass

New Wammer
Jul 2, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi All,
My first post and probably in the wrong place
I have the chance to buy an Axis Mk 2 plus Akito Mk2 arm fitted with a decent AT Cartridge
The Axis has the rarer oak plinth
Is it worth £600

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It could be, any photos? What is the cartridge?
Experience tells me these decks are generally £400-£600 depending on condition and service

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Private Rockchild
Try £450. Most of these decks don’t seem to have the Akito arm so that’s a bonus. I personally would suggest you max out at £525 but doing a few searches on eBay completed deals, would say less.
Ironically, if the arm, deck and cartridge were sold separately, it might be £600 lol.

Pay what your happy to pay but be sure the belt and PSU are ok. See if you can check the speed calibration.

montesquieu

Renaissance Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2021
Sandhurst, UK
AKA
Tom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try £450. Most of these decks don’t seem to have the Akito arm so that’s a bonus. I personally would suggest you max out at £525 but doing a few searches on eBay completed deals, would say less.
Ironically, if the arm, deck and cartridge were sold separately, it might be £600 lol.

Pay what your happy to pay but be sure the belt and PSU are ok. See if you can check the speed calibration.

Good advice. From memory the PSUs do go on this and not always possible to repair. A lot of these have been canibalised for their arms and the decks themselves were £100 not too long ago in part due to the risk factor. I think you'd get a much better deck putting £600 into a Thorens TD160.

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good advice. From memory the PSUs do go on this and not always possible to repair. A lot of these have been canibalised for their arms and the decks themselves were £100 not too long ago in part due to the risk factor. I think you'd get a much better deck putting £600 into a Thorens TD160.
I didn’t want to say that Tom but your right, there are better decks out there for £600.

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many Thanks all for your help and advice and taking it easy with a newbie :)
My current deck is a Thorens TD 150 Mk2 with Kugel arm and AT VM530EN
Maybe best just to stick with it and spend the money on more vinyl and beer
There's nothing wrong in wanting something better. The problem comes when you're not certain it is better.

Hence the popularity of forums like here.

Andy

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many Thanks all for your help and advice and taking it easy with a newbie :)
My current deck is a Thorens TD 150 Mk2 with Kugel arm and AT VM530EN
Maybe best just to stick with it and spend the money on more vinyl and beer
I think a lot depends on what your using the deck with.
If you fill in your profile with the rest of your kit, we will know what would be more beneficial for you.
If you sold your current deck, you could add the funds to what you have and buy a a nice well sorted Roksan Xerxes or a Systemdek and still have change for beer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.