2022/2023 Premier League Football Season

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ray in case you do not know I have a season ticket at Anfield so it attend most of not all home games . My comments were just to set the record straight which the media often fail to As they want the rivalry and controversy to continue .

Reactions: greybeard

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
1661838018316.png

Seven years to the day since CIty signed one of the best players in our history. Anyone doubting the bias of the British media needs only to look at these headlines or listen to the inane and uniformed utterances of imbecilic punters predicting his failure. Regardless, what a player.

A similar "reject" to Mo Salah, released by Chelski about the same time I believe. :D I'm a Red myself but fully appreciate KDB for the great player he is, if he keeps improving he'll be up there with McFred ;)

"Imbecilic Punters" wouldn't be referring to Talk Sport by any chance? Honestly some of the ex players stealing a living on that station like Agbonlahor and O'Hara makes me cringe sometimes.

Reactions: garn63 and oldius

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I stand by my view that United are back and I am putting my money where my mouth is by betting they will beat Leicester at the King Power stadium tonight.
The teamsheet could be interesting with a number of new signings around.

Jack NSM
United won 1-0.

Jack (another shot from the hip!)

BUT, though I expect them to be competitive against Arsenal on Sunday I am not betting on the outcome - the odds will be shorter after 3 wins on the trot and the match comes too soon after the Foxes game.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cracking Merseyside derby earlier today, really enjoyed it.

Not as good a game but still good viewing was the Villa v City game tonight. I had City down for an easy win tonight by at least 3 goals but fair play to Villa for sticking at it and with virtually no possession forcing the draw.

Just need the Reds to beat the Arse tomorrow.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well pleased with the result, but Arsenal will be wondering how on earth they didn't get anything from that game. By far the better team for 70 minutes, they could and should have been out of sight by then. I must confess my heart was in my mouth when Maguire came on for the last 10 minutes. I know he was on the losing side but I thought Jesus was superb today, a proper handful. Likewise, the difference Eriksson has made to our midfield is huge.

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Disappointed with the result, happy with the performance. we was mugged :mad:
Oh but we are still top of the premier League ;)

Reactions: Tarzan

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anybody like to comment on Gary Neville's performance commentating on the Man U. Arsenal fixture, especially his views on the relative merits of each side during the 90 mins?
I found myself disagreeing with him most of the time.
I know I'm probably known to be a United follower (not a 'fan') and therefore maybe a little biased but he seems to have it in for his former club.
'Arsenal were brilliant, Jesus was brilliant.. - really?

Jack.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For a lot of the game Arsenal were good, especially straight after half time. Not brilliant, otherwise they would have been out of sight, but good nonetheless. Personally I thought Jesus was their best player, I never thought he was that strong a player when he was at City.

I was biting my nails on 80 minutes when Maguire came on, and he promptly showed why he's been relegated to the bench recently.

Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Although Arsenal played well for a large proportion of the game, some of the old frailties came through once they were under pressure, and the team and manger were somewhat naive at times.
Getting caught on the break is something we’re weak on, and subbing three players at once caused a total loss of shape. I also hope that Arteta watched Ian Wrights analysis on MOTD as he outlined their failed tactics regarding their in and around the box play.

Arsenal are a top four team now (the players and money they’ve spent means this is a minimum), so to earn that position they have to perform well amongst the top six teams, so one down four to go.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So who's next at Chelsea? Pochettino is available, but is he too obvious a choice? Ole's still available too :ROFLMAO:

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As a mark of respect, the rest of the season has been cancelled and the current positions will be taken as the final result.
Thank you.

Reactions: bencat

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So typical the old school tie Oxford / Cambridge numpties that run this country all feel rules only apply to the little people . Posh boys must not be deprived of their Rugby and Cricket and Racing can have one day off . But the sport that the Oiks like and enjoy we make sure they get that cancelled right through to Tuesday sothey can carry on working but must never enjoy themselves . How is any of this showing respect ?

Reactions: DIB

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well Liverpool were better last night than they were against Napoli but the problems that are easy to see for opposing team coaches and will be exploited . In the end as Klopp said it would be nice if we played great football but in the end a win was what was needed and thats what we got .

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone think it'll be The Toon in europe next season, or is this another false dawn of hope?

Do we just need to enjoy the good form while it lasts?

We are used to disappointment, so I, for one, will lap up the good results while they last. Anything else is a bonus.

Andy

Devil

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 12, 2014
Lymington
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, after beating the Spuds, I thought that the Pool would be more of a challenge, and so it proved..
However, whereas previously Arsenal would buckle under pressure, they now have grit and determination.

Good job guys, I’m starting to believe!!

Reactions: greybeard

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
A really strong start to the season by City, with Haaland grabbing all of the attention but some superb starts by Bernardo, Rodri and now Foden, who is really benefitting from the space afforded to him by the physical presence of Haaland. I thought we may begin the season very slowly, following the sales of Jesus, Zinchenko and Sterling, but some very astute buys (Akanji has been a revelation so far), team spirit, and the sheer quality of the squad has given us a great opportunity. The ability to gain a lead has also seen the introduction of some academy talent who will go on to be major players in the game - Cole Palmer particularly. It is great to see Arsenal up there too: I always liked Arteta and Gabby and Zin will always be remembered with great fondness, as will Raz. A number of teams have improved, but especially the London clubs, and top 4 is going to be one hell of a battle.

Reactions: Devil

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very impressed with Arsenal , Arteta has learned a lot off Pep Guardiola by the looks of the way they play .
Liverpool are a bit of a mish mash at the moment , Salah maybe should have moved on he doesn't look happy .
Man City with Haaland look extra formidable this season and only injuries are going to stop them winning maybe three trophies .

Reactions: Devil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.