Can anyone transfer a tape to cd please? Thanks toAndy!!

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Long story.. I play in a Big Band, we did a studio recording in 1996 and a batch of un distributed tapes has been discovered in our archives. It is not a bootleg, totally legal as we own the music scores.
Would any wammer be willing to transfer a tape to CD please? I don't have the facility to do this.
Of course postage and other expenses will be paid by me!
Thanks in advance , please pm

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Long story.. I play in a Big Band, we did a studio recording in 1996 and a batch of un distributed tapes has been discovered in our archives. It is not a bootleg, totally legal as we own the music scores.
Would any wammer be willing to transfer a tape to CD please? I don't have the facility to do this.
Hi Trumpetman, Is the tape a cassette or a reel to reel?

Andy

old Guy

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Nov 15, 2021
Bournemouth
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I remember how i did this Andy and why. long time ago mind you. cassette tape and a Aiwa Tape deck Plumbed in to my pioneer PDR509 i was chuffed to bits when i done it . Why i did it .. well 1985 (Falklands war) Mark Allen was in for John Peel and on that show they repeated the 1978 Session Steel Pulse. I wanted to keep that session for ever i liked it so much and I have.

Well done for volunteering your Services Andy. I have a bag of Custard Doughnuts . I feel I should award you with one :) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Maverick and Phil48

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember how i did this Andy and why. long time ago mind you. cassette tape and a Aiwa Tape deck Plumbed in to my pioneer CDR309 i was chuffed to bits when i done it . Why i did it .. well 1985 (Falklands war) Mark Allen was in for John Peel and on that show they repeated the 1978 Session Steel Pulse. I wanted to keep that session for ever i liked it so much and I have.

Well done for volunteering your Services Andy. I have a bag of Custard Doughnuts . I feel I should award you with one :) :)
Enjoy it for me!!!:) Though I have to confess I do prefer jam doughnuts!:LOL:

Andy

Reactions: old Guy

Bodgit

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2019
Woking
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was going to ask what instrument you play, but think I can guess!! I also play in a Big Band around Bracknell...drummer.

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Trumpetman, I've finally managed to sort your CD.
I've managed to lose your address. I know it was in the conversation forum but it seems to have disappeared.

Andy

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Andy Stephenson
I need to thank Andy publicly for the job he did transferring the Big Band tape to CD. This is what the wam is all about and it's things like this that are brilliant. Donation made to MacMillan as promised!!!
Thanks (y)

Andy Stephenson

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 8, 2022
North East England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@Andy Stephenson
I need to thank Andy publicly for the job he did transferring the Big Band tape to CD. This is what the wam is all about and it's things like this that are brilliant. Donation made to MacMillan as promised!!!
Thanks (y)
Thanks, TT.
I seem to have sent you my copy!
You'll find the first 3 tracks are silent on one of the CDs. I was using it to set the record level.
Just start it on track 4.
I must say for an old cassette, I was impressed with the quality of the recording.
The quality of the musicianship is first class and for anyone thinking of going to one of their concerts, I'm sure you'll have a terrific night.

Andy

Reactions: DomT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.