Chord Qutest power plug upgrade.

Motortown review

Wammer
Nov 9, 2020
I have just bought a used Qutest which came with an ifi 5v power supply, to be honest I haven’t done a comparison with the supplied supply, I just went straight to the ifi power supply.

ziggy

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2017
Cardiff
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have used MCRU and Sbooster PSs with my Qutest. The Sbooster significantly improved performance and is worth the extra. The Ultra add on improved things further.

• Upvote
Reactions: TheFlash

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I have used MCRU and Sbooster PSs with my Qutest. The Sbooster significantly improved performance and is worth the extra. The Ultra add on improved things further.
I used the Sbooster with the Ultra Mk 2 upgrade with my Qutest and having tried others around the same or less money can heartily recommend that or a Farad Super3.

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Been running my Pimped Node2 for 18 month on a 5v sBooster ECO BOTW and have been very happy with it (have had a Chifi & MCRU LPS which got moved on sharpish) . Have just this minute pulled the trigger on an Ultra mk2 to see what all the fuss is about with these.

Last edited:

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Been running my Pimped Node2 for 18 month on a 5v sBooster ECO BOTW and have been very happy with it (have had a Chifi & MCRU LPS which got moved on sharpish) . Have just this minute pulled the trigger on an Ultra mk2 to see what all the fuss is about with these.
Got the Ultra mk2 yesterday and fitted it this morning after everything had warmed up and I'd chosen a couple of tracks to AB with, (John Martyn Glory Box and Sade please send me Someone to love).
The verdict.... Its was worth every penny of the £90 I paid (to MY ears in MY system). The sound opened up, more air, space, tighter, snappier and cleaner, but in a musical as opposed to a hifi way with better defined instruments (strumming/strikes) . The bass was a bit deeper and dense complex passages were easier to follow.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Got the Ultra mk2 yesterday and fitted it this morning after everything had warmed up and I'd chosen a couple of tracks to AB with, (John Martyn Glory Box and Sade please send me Someone to love).
The verdict.... Its was worth every penny of the £90 I paid (to MY ears in MY system). The sound opened up, more air, space, tighter, snappier and cleaner, but in a musical as opposed to a hifi way with better defined instruments (strumming/strikes) . The bass was a bit deeper and dense complex passages were easier to follow.
I think it is an extra regulator stage located close to the load. Hence why you need to adjust the voltage upwards on the SBooster because of the voltage lost with the Ultra Mk 2. Glad you like it. I also thought it very worthwhile.

Reactions: TheFlash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.