NDx2 or Chord Qutest

dn41

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2013
East Riding
AKA
Andrew
Currently got a Naim ND5 XS with a XP5 XS power supply.

Any thoughts on whether I'd be better upgrading to a NDX2 or saving myself a small fortune and going for a Chord Qutest

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As with most A or B questions my first thought is why only these two options...

I'd have thought there's a good chance you may be able to sort a demo to compare the specific options stated though, which would be the best way to go.

Sumdumgi

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 4, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Currently got a Naim ND5 XS with a XP5 XS power supply.

Any thoughts on whether I'd be better upgrading to a NDX2 or saving myself a small fortune and going for a Chord Qutest

I went from an ND5XS to a Qutest and found the Chord an improvement. Better instrument separation and treble response. At the time I found the Naim App poor though this was 4 years ago and it may have improved. Using the ND5XS as a streamer only seems a bit unnecessary , my path took me to the Node 2i with the Qutest which I considered a much better experience than the Naim. I’ve subsequently moved the Qutest on and replaced it with an MDAC+ which principally happened because of the greater number of connection options.

So if you want to retain the Naim streamer I think the Qutest is a good option if you are happy with the software/user experience. Will it match the NDX2 ? Sorry not heard one so can’t help on that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online