Credit were credit is due

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am writing this as we are all guilty of being prolific when we want to moan about standards and service but less so when we get good support and service .

I bought a used NVA P60 which worked fine but then developed a fault and one channel went down . Contacted NVA and explained and they said no problem get it to them for a repair . Was given the costs and paid for the repair and the amp was returned. Connected up and sounded superb for a full song and then 25 seconds in to the next first one channel went down then the other. Called NVA and they got back to me by telephone within an hour of my message went through what had happened and because I had collected the amp directly from them they sent a brand new box and had the amp collected and returned at their cost. They went through the amp fully and completed the repair and informed me of what had gone wrong the second repair would have been double the cost of the first but they did this at their cost again . The amp is being sent to me for delivery tomorrow.

Now I can imagine many will say that the item should never have broken down after the first repair and in an ideal world this is the case but this is not the ideal world but the real world and these things can happen . When dealing with Companies all of them can be excellent when things are going right the mark of a really good company is when they treat you with respect and fairness when things go wrong . I am very grateful to all at NVA for being decent and looking after me . I am really sorry that this may well have cost you more than the original repair was worth . Your doing it anyway and getting my amp back to me is great service and I can not wait to hear it later this week .

Last edited:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
good to hear (we hope)
I have no worries Simon NVA have spoken to me and given details of the issue and what they have done and been really decent in getting the unit back to full health . I use three NVA Power amps in my active system and they are working well and will be there at the show for all to hear . The P60 will be going in to my passive system to power the Quad ESL 57 's I use and I have no doubt that it will sound glorious as it did .

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Careful there as the owner may be along soon and bathing in the glory. :cool:

Seriously though, it is great to hear of a UK company prepared to go above and beyond. There are enough companies who will not touch amps that are no longer current (?) or just charge £100 to look at them.

We need more like NVA and the Wam is a great place to let people know.

savvypaul

NVA Hi-Fi
HiFi Trade
Jan 11, 2017
Durham Uk
nvahifi.co.uk
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Careful there as the owner may be along soon and bathing in the glory. :cool:

Seriously though, it is great to hear of a UK company prepared to go above and beyond. There are enough companies who will not touch amps that are no longer current (?) or just charge £100 to look at them.

We need more like NVA and the Wam is a great place to let people know.
I came across this thread last night, just before I went out to play snooker. Up until then I'd been having a bit of a naff day (car trouble and other mundane stresses), so reading this cheered me right up. And, I played my best of the season to beat the league's top player!!

Pedro2

Pedro2
Wammer
Sep 9, 2018
High Peak
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
About 3 weeks ago (could be longer as I’m losing the will to live), I was issued with a credit note from Bax Music for a returned faulty speaker. I was told on more than one occasion that I was entitled to a money refund, so I waited … and waited ….. and I’m still waiting. Sometimes the ‘credit’ isn’t given when it’s due 😉 (although they won’t get me off their backs until they pay up).

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
.When dealing with Companies all of them can be excellent when things are going right the mark of a really good company is when they treat you with respect and fairness when things go wrong . I
Exactly this . (y)

Reactions: Tony_J

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have no worries Simon NVA have spoken to me and given details of the issue and what they have done and been really decent in getting the unit back to full health . I use three NVA Power amps in my active system and they are working well and will be there at the show for all to hear . The P60 will be going in to my passive system to power the Quad ESL 57 's I use and I have no doubt that it will sound glorious as it did .
I thought you used Behringer amps Andrew or have I got confused?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.