Roon Arc

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It does say that you must install the latest version of Roon 2.0 I think on your core before you try and download the Roon Arc app . If you have not done this then i would sugest firstly uninstall the App and restart your phone/tablet . Then update Roon to the latest and when that has finished reinstall the APP .

Reactions: Fullrange

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This really is not a mobile app on doing some digging . You can download your Roon library to your phone but for full use your Roon core must be running and on

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This really is not a mobile app on doing some digging . You can download your Roon library to your phone but for full use your Roon core must be running and on

It is isn't it? its a Mobile App for your Roon.

It syncs your Roon library, playlists, saved albums etc and allows you to use it when mobile on your phone, ipad etc

What did you think it was?

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is, its a Mobile App for your Roon.

It syncs your Roon library, playlists, saved albums etc and allows you to use it when mobile on your phone, ipad etc

What did you think it was?
But your Roon Core must be running at home

Reactions: lazycat

lazycat

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Dec 20, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But your Roon Core must be running at home
And you'd probably need an unlimited allowance on your phone plan.

Got it working no problem, but I think a streaming service may be a better bet, for me anyway.

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And you'd probably need an unlimited allowance on your phone plan.

Got it working no problem, but I think a streaming service may be a better bet, for me anyway.

Most plans have unlimited data now, mine costs £10 a month and is unlimited everything!

I do think the investment they must have made to make this a reality must have been nerve wracking at times considering streaming services do a large portion of what Arc does.

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes of course. Its YOUR Roon.

Did you think they had bought some super-mega cloud storage the size of Brazil to store images of the contents of everyones NAS drives?
I don’t leave things turned on and running at home . That’s all . So won’t be using it . Finally read your posts and the sarky tone . Not warranted .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My LMS is on and running all day every day and given the tiny power it uses for me that is not a problem . All TV boxes and the TV are turned off at night though so I get not wanting things on when your not there . Plus I would as most Core,s are PC based they would use quite a bit more power .

Reactions: maddog_007

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My LMS is on and running all day every day and given the tiny power it uses for me that is not a problem . All TV boxes and the TV are turned off at night though so I get not wanting things on when your not there . Plus I would as most Core,s are PC based they would use quite a bit more power .
I get that Andrew but you watch the Roon Arc video and it tells you all it can do but at the end says your core must be running for this to happen. Spotify you can stream out and about , create playlists and download to listen to offline . So Spotify for me does not give me the quality I want at home but on the move it’s still takes some beating .

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t leave things turned on and running at home . That’s all . So won’t be using it . Finally read your posts and the sarky tone . Not warranted .

Its just comedy, and accurate, as I guess you thought it was going to be Cloud storage of your entire NAS contents? That would be a big ask of a small niche company imo.

Most Roon users have Roon Core on a NAS or equivalent, where normally their library is also contained, which pretty much has to be left on all the time so it caters for that, otherwise it would be a streaming service unless they invested a few billion in storage.

Reactions: bencat

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I get that Andrew but you watch the Roon Arc video and it tells you all it can do but at the end says your core must be running for this to happen. Spotify you can stream out and about , create playlists and download to listen to offline . So Spotify for me does not give me the quality I want at home but on the move it’s still takes some beating .
To be honest Danny if it is music while shopping or in the gym then I use a music player with 12,000 flac songs on and wireless earbuds. In the car I preload 12 hours of Radio Paradise and Bluetooth that . Never been keen on Roon as LMS does most if not all that it does and is free .

Reactions: Chumpchops

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To be honest Danny if it is music while shopping or in the gym then I use a music player with 12,000 flac songs on and wireless earbuds. In the car I preload 12 hours of Radio Paradise and Bluetooth that . Never been keen on Roon as LMS does most if not all that it does and is free .
Roon does offer lots of advantages over LMS, one being its multi component support and ability to group - this is a pretty big feature.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Roon does offer lots of advantages over LMS, one being its multi component support and ability to group - this is a pretty big feature.
To be honest I do not know what that means so I obviously do not need it . I do not have any streaming services so other than RP and other radio stations which are available in LMS along with song lyrics and artist details there is not much I feel should be there .

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To be honest I do not know what that means so I obviously do not need it . I do not have any streaming services so other than RP and other radio stations which are available in LMS along with song lyrics and artist details there is not much I feel should be there .

I think half the stuff we have we didnt think we needed until someone created a purpose for us to need them..the joys of our capitalist society!

This one, so as I live in a flat, I cant have my system on so loud in the front room so I can hear it in the kitchen etc. I have wireless speakers/2nd systems in each room, most Naim Muso's and Audio Pro C Series, and I can control them all from the Roon interface individually, so using Tidal as an example I can have each speaker playing different stuff, or grouped together so they all play the same thing at once in sync.

With its ability to do with this with different manufacturers is pretty special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online