Curve versus Act

G

Wilson Benesch . Ok there's a 4 grand price premium between these two models which in ex/dem or second hand narrows to 2 grand. Whats the difference between them. If you believe the press the ACT is obviously the better speaker but not by as much as you think. Paul alas i 'm not going to hear the Emotions. SWMBO just plainly refuses to contemplate havingthem (aesthetics and she doesn't give a fcuk what they sound like)and for that reason i'm not going to demo them either. If i hear them and knowing i can't have them . Well the torture may be too much.
sad.png
If i had a dedicated listening room it would be different but i don't and thats the real world so there you are.

G

Duvet wrote:

Wilson Benesch . Ok there's a 4 grand price premium between these two models which in ex/dem or second hand narrows to 2 grand. Whats the difference between them. If you believe the press the ACT is obviously the better speaker but not by as much as you think. Paul alas i 'm not going to hear the Emotions. SWMBO just plainly refuses to contemplate havingthem (aesthetics and she doesn't give a fcuk what they sound like)and for that reason i'm not going to demo them either. If i hear them and knowing i can't have them . Well the torture may be too much.
sad.png
If i had a dedicated listening room it would be different but i don't and thats the real world so there you are.
women eh? why not grow a backbone
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

listen they aint for everyone anyway, I'm sure you'll find something you like, another thing, deciding which is better and looking a price differences is academic, I mean is the 861 twice as good as the 302, buy the one you can afford, we know that diminishing returns kicks in and the differences are less obvious, but if they command 2 times the price of their brethren, then perhaps they are better over all, me I'd try both, but prolly settle on the dearer one, incidentally have a look at the new gamut L7 (comes in different finishes)loudspeaker, around £5.5k new and stunning build and finish, and very pretty.

http://www.gamutaudio.com/

G

[align=center]
zingalihm112.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
f_doh.gif.2bfa1ec008d0c8800eee305d3a30be23.gif
[/align]

[align=center]top eye candy that AK[/align]

[align=center]
redcard.gif.e4bb2bc3520876c1792f9a324afcd589.gif
[/align]

G

was my little joke, the real suggestion was the vivid and the hyperion.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ACT dude:cool:.

Mind you, why not have a listen to some of those NEAT's that Nige is advertising.

They get rave reviews.

P

purplepleaser

Hello Duvet, At the Manchester show the room with the Lining Voice and Kondo amps sounded very good. I am not sure what model the speakers were but they were very good,looked nice and mayb'e more wife friendly.

Lee:)

G

Cheers Lee . Thank god the Manchester demo was better than Heathrow then. I think the curved back shape is quite appealing to women hence ACT and Ak's shout at Gamut was good also. When you have to co-habit mate. Well thats when the real fun and games start.
smack.gif.67a6c7204929f2d6a3282863ab29d146.gif

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Hiya Duvet,

I have seen the Gamuts in the flesh , or should I say high gloss finish.
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

They look awsome , especially liked how they slope backand the build and finish looks very good ,I haven't had the priveledge of hearing them tho.:Upset:

They're big buggers mind , they would dwarf your GR 20's.

chezi.

G

Chezi i know you must think i'm mad to think about changing the speakers mate but if i told you they are now strugglingwith the present kit ( in the nicest possible way)you would understand and fear not if anyone asks for a speaker reco in the £1500 bracket i shall still champion them.

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Certainly don't think your mad , I bet it all sounds great but your kit deserves better speakers now.

You've bought vey nice amps and cdp and I wish you good luck in finding the final piece in the jigsaw.

Then your fucked coz you won't need/have to upgrade again.
wink.png

chezi.

G

There's always vinyl later on . My god the thought of not upgrading.
rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

G

Cheers Lee but will be prolly using a dealer for this purchase as a home demo is a must . Lovely speakers and yes i had noticed them:D

P

purplepleaser

Not suprised when that amount of money is involved.lovely looking though. Bet the sound aint to shabby either.

Lee

Lawrie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Duvet,

As you now have the Wilson Benesch speakers on your radar, how about the Avalon Ascendants: http://www.avalonacoustics.com As you well know, opinions count for nothing so audition in your own living space and nowhere else then eliminate if not suitable unless of course wifey doesn't like the looks?
wink.png

Enjoy the musicâ„¢

Lawrie:D

G

ant.jpg

Very nice Lawrie. If she doesn't like the look of those i'll send her to specsavers:shock:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.