Curve versus Act

Kiang

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2005
Leeds, , United King
Have heard the eidolon run with a NAP 300 - require a lot of room space,behind and to the side from walls.

important to audition in your own home if possible.

G

Cheers Kiang . I think this is the hardest part of the hifi journey. With amps and cdp it a question of your own sonic taste alas with speakers even if we covet them they may not work in your listening enviroment:(. Still drawing up a short list.

Lawrie

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Kiang wrote:

Have heard the eidolon run with a NAP 300 - require a lot of room space,behind and to the side from walls.important to audition in your own home if possible.
Kiang is correct with that advice. Although, the Eidolon & Ascendants are different beasts, positioning is similar for both. The Ascendants although bottom-ported do require a bit of space from the rear andside walls to deliver that superb soundstage and open sound that the speakers are famous for.

The Ascendants (like all Avalons) are superbly finished, including the excellent Cardas binding posts, and they do provide a detailed, open and musical sound and my friend uses them with Advantage mono-blocks just like Duvet’s hence my recommendation. However, as Kiang stated, a home audition is a must (although they may not leave Chez Duvet once in;)).

P.S. Did I mention that the Ascendants wereon my own personal loudspeaker upgrade shortlist?
smile.png

Enjoy the musicâ„¢

Lawrie:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.