Decent all in one with DAB

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not after anything special, just something I can use while I'm eating/cooking/washing pots :shock:etc....

Will rig it up with a pair of cheapish bookshelf efforts, needs to have a reaosnable DAB tuner, as although the quality aint great there are soem excellent stations playing a wider variety of tunes, I enjoyed my brief spell of DAB ownership so it needs to have one.

suggestions? was thinking TEAC/Denon or similar, not sure whats out there.

Cheers

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yeah. The Onkyo is nice. Especially in BLACK. Whoarr....

B

Bry-Fi

Picked up the Onkyo 515UK for myson at£229 (no spkrs). In a nutshell sounds very good for what it is,wellbuilt, and the DAB works a treat. Throw a decent little pair on and I think you'll be surprised.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought he Onkyo for the office. The user interface and remote are not straight forward fo some reason. But the sound is good.

thommo

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 28, 2005
Essex, , United King
Matt J wrote:

thommo wrote:
Funny you should lonk that, I found that whilst browsing after I posted this thread, seems the best VFM so far, might give it a go. cheers.
"Apposite lonking a speciality.":^

Heard one of these round a mates house, he was using some of those Q-Acoustic 1020's (not the smallest ones, next size up). His big old black Kenwood midi, silver SL-1200 combo with big old (and I emphasise old)battered Wharfedales (Denton, Linton?) was on it's last legs (except the SL-1200, of course. Cockroaches, Keith Richards, SL-1200's will survive The Bomb etc.).His newco-habiting consort wanted a "nice, small, but good stereo".

So he trotted off to WH Smiths,bought aWhat Hi-Fi, and decided with the GLSP to go for the Yammie, the Q-A's and an azur 540p phono stage. £350 to you, sir. I was surprised when he told me what he gotthe Yammiefor, I'd had the sort of £230 - £300 bracket in mind.

Sounds proper, he absolutely loves it, reckons that everything he's got sounds that much better than his old stereo it's like a new music collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.