Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
woo. Direct drive no less
wink.png
Needs to modify the plastic cup so that applies RIAA equalistaion properly though
smile.png

JPG

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2007
Bristol
AKA
James
"Needs to modify the plastic cup so that applies RIAA equalistaion properly though"

Looks like a 78- there will be EQ, but not RIAA.

JPG

Uncle Ants

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2005
East Midlands, Unite
AKA
Tony
JPG wrote:

"Needs to modify the plastic cup so that applies RIAA equalistaion properly though"Looks like a 78- there will be EQ, but not RIAA.

JPG
Nerdy cap on
smile.png
Watch it from 1.31 minutes on, definitely not a 78 - roughly 5 spins in about 10 seconds - its a 33. True he's playing it with a big old 78 needle mind.

JPG

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 26, 2007
Bristol
AKA
James
Uncle Ants wrote:

JPG wrote:
"Needs to modify the plastic cup so that applies RIAA equalistaion properly though"Looks like a 78- there will be EQ, but not RIAA.

JPG
Nerdy cap on
smile.png
Watch it from 1.31 minutes on, definitely not a 78 - roughly 5 spins in about 10 seconds - its a 33. True he's playing it with a big old 78 needle mind.
Ok, I didn't count- I was going from the proportions and the colour of the label (!).

I played a crap copy of tubular bells with a stanley knife once. Put a penci throught the hole in the handle, record on TT, new knife blade in groove. Crap sound, butit worked. Once. I threw that LP away after that.

JPG

M

murray johnson

One of the nicest sounding record players I ever listened to was a wind up 78 player with the right needle and a horn playing a recording of Caruso. It was like having a little foot high singer standing on the table. No electronics involved at all!

rabidlistener

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2006
Brisbane, , Australi
AKA
Mike
murray johnson wrote:

One of the nicest sounding record players I ever listened to was a wind up 78 player with the right needle and a horn playing a recording of Caruso. It was like having a little foot high singer standing on the table. No electronics involved at all!
Here Here

Some of the most natural sounds are from these acoustic players - the best ones used a thorn as a needle!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online