Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had a great experience with Chord the other week when e!embarrassingly I may have blown up my Qutest with my own fair hand. Combine the fact that I was using a non standard power supply and had no warranty as I bought the unit seconhand and hadn't got the original receipt.
I told them all this and sent the DAC off to them expecting a sizeable repair bill. About a week later I had an email say it was fixed and being shipped the next day. Soon after a Qutest was back at my house and all was well with the world. All for free. Top work Chord. Thank you very much.

Wine man forthe County

Wine man forthe County
Wammer
Apr 23, 2019
York
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That is indeed top notch service, even more impressive on a second hand unit. I too have always found them very generous and helpful, nice company.

Nifkin

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 4, 2019
Highgate London
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Warranty is fully transferrable with Chord Electronics stuff, and the Qutest is barely old enough (iirc) for even the first one produced to be out of warranty. Good service though 👍🏽

tkimages

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 14, 2006
St Helens
AKA
Tillman
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Excellent customer service, its great to see that some companies still look after their customers.

Steveh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 3, 2007
Darkest Yorkshire
AKA
tallow vendor
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fortunately I have not had any issues with my 3 Chord products, and whenever I contact them on a "technical issue" they have always replied promptly and helpfully.

simon g

Senior Wammer
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2006
No linger active on this forum
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good stuff. Just imagine the situation had you decided to buy a flavour of the month Chinese direct sourced DAC.

Buyers always need to consider after sales support. Stuff does go wrong, or require attention, etc. In country support, especially at factory level, has a real worth, to my way of thinking.

Reactions: ClassikFan

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a Chord 2600 integrated amp quite a few years ago, bought used.
Nice amp, but after a while the volume control failed to turn when used via the remote.
I spoke to an engineer at Chord, and he said that the drive mech was slipping, and that it was quite a common fault with this model.
They still charged me about £160 for repair of what was a design fault.
Even though I had no warranty I wasn't happy! Unreasonable of me in a way, but I felt ripped off.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.