Chord signature speaker cable WOW moment

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just upgraded to some used Chord signature from chord Epic twin , I though the Epic was good and was a massive improvement on my prior naim Nac and linn cables, but this signature is something else, the mid range the separation and the total control of everything really right bass, This was bough on a whim and I did not expect it to be this big an upgrade, I do have signature cables throughout and the internal wiring of my speakers use signature as standard, so was a no brainer to try it, so pleased that I did it was like id upgraded every part of my setup. I have recently downsized my turntable within reason yet it sounds better than anything i've owned or used before just by replacing the speaker cables, for anyone who thinks cables make no difference I can tell you you are so so wrong. ill await the haters and sinick's LOL. but WOW

If you are considering changing to chord signature cables just do it

rdale

Wammer
Wammer Plus
May 21, 2009
Gran Canaria, Spain
AKA
Richard Dale
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just upgraded to some used Chord signature from chord Epic twin , I though the Epic was good and was a massive improvement on my prior naim Nac and linn cables, but this signature is something else, the mid range the separation and the total control of everything really right bass, This was bough on a whim and I did not expect it to be this big an upgrade, I do have signature cables throughout and the internal wiring of my speakers use signature as standard, so was a no brainer to try it, so pleased that I did it was like id upgraded every part of my setup. I have recently downsized my turntable within reason yet it sounds better than anything i've owned or used before just by replacing the speaker cables, for anyone who thinks cables make no difference I can tell you you are so so wrong. ill await the haters and sinick's LOL. but WOW

If you are considering changing to chord signature cables just do it
No hate from me - congrats on getting a great sound! I use Duelund cables for mains, interconnects, speaker cables and speaker internal wiring and think it sounds great. I get ‘maximum Duelundness’ that way. So maybe as well as the Signatures being great, this might show the advantages of using one type of cable through the whole chain.

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great to hear the comments. I also hear a difference between cables and have a few sets that I change between depending on the amp and speakers that I use. I bought some bottom of the range Chord speaker cable for a temporary situation and was surprised how good they sounded.

Reactions: martinpix

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am not trying to start a cable debate, I am simply giving positive feedback on the ones I now have just to help anyone who is thinking of this as an upgrade, just to say it is simply one of the cheapest upgrades you can do. I say this knowing it is expensive for what it is but given it upgrades every part of your system it is better value than, upgrading an already good amp or buying a better phono stage or cartridge, in my opinion it is money very well spent and unlike other equipment it will hold it's value well if you buy used.

Reactions: Ady

Iceman 16

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 31, 2010
Swansea
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used to have Chord Epic twin with my previous Naim setup and replaced them with Tellurium Q black.

2010*zuma

Super Wammer
Wammer
Nov 12, 2011
Caerphilly castle
AKA
Young Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I either buy some of the best or go with freebie supplied wires - polar ends of the spectrum I guess.

on the rocks

Wammer
Dec 13, 2020
Sheffield
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Where would the discontinued Chord Odessey 2 fit within Chord’s current heirarchy of speaker cables? I’m very happy with mine but wonder if there’s scope for significant improvement with my systrm?

paraheadache

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 16, 2011
Hartlepool Teesside
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I remember going from AQ midnight 2 which I had for ages loved them, to AQ Argent 3 in the late 90s and I've never forgotten the 'yikes' moment lol. Still in my system.

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Where would the discontinued Chord Odessey 2 fit within Chord’s current heirarchy of speaker cables? I’m very happy with mine but wonder if there’s scope for significant improvement with my systrm?
its very good cable but at the lower the epic I used was mid range I have it on here for sale for £300 inc postage 2 4.5m runs terminated with banana plugs if interested would be an improvement on the odyssey 2 but is a lot thicker

Three sheds

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 30, 2019
Cardiff
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a Chord signature speaker cable WOW moment when I looked up how much it would cost me to get a new pair of 2.5m lengths.
And even if I re-positioned my mono amps and could get away with 2m lengths - its still an eyewatering amount - for me at least.

WOW indeed :)

• Haha
Reactions: Leif and Ceko

ozzric

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 23, 2014
Norwich, Norfolk
AKA
Cliff
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I tried the signature cables when I had solid state kit. Yes there was a wow moment as I demo'ed them over a weekend, evreything you described, but ultimately very fatiguing over an extended listening session. I was being offered the cables at half price but espite the incentive I just couldnt have lived with them.

MotherSky

The stone that killed two birds
Wammer
Jun 5, 2010
Shropshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
No hate from me - congrats on getting a great sound! I use Duelund cables for mains, interconnects, speaker cables and speaker internal wiring and think it sounds great. I get ‘maximum Duelundness’ that way. So maybe as well as the Signatures being great, this might show the advantages of using one type of cable through the whole chain.
The Duelund cable is excellent, and also about 10% of the price of the Chord Reference - I did try some Odyssey 4 and some Epic twin in my system , but both sounded artificially bright and "lively" - couldn't have lived with either, so didn't consider any other Chord cables (actually thought that the Van Damme stuff sounded better, and I am not a fan of that either) - I'm now using AN Lexus (£80/M) a litz design which seems better suited to the longish runs I need than the Duelund, but improvements were relatively subtle - all these things are very system dependant, so any recommendations have to be taken with a massive pinch of salt, but I think anyone looking for very good cable at a reasonable price would do well to try the Duelund (also excellent for interconnects) - as ever, YMMV etc
MH

Reactions: rdale

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What if they upgrade the Signature cables? You would have to sell the set you have and buy more. Everything is upgradable.

Wine man forthe County

Wine man forthe County
Wammer
Apr 23, 2019
York
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have 2 x 6m lengths of the Signature speaker cable (not the XL). It was a noticeable improvement on my previous VDH Cleartrack. I was so impressed I now have Signature XLR's from DAC to Preamp,
Phono Stage to Preamp and Pre to Power. Seems to work very well in my system, no fatigue or brightness. I also managed to pick up a used Chord Indigo phono cable for connection to my headphone amp.

There are of course two cable ranges above the Signature for those with loftier aspirations.

Reactions: martinpix

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I though Kudos speakers might work well with their own cable, @martinpix or have you changed them?

https://kudosaudio.com/product/ks1-loudspeaker-cable/
No I have kudos speakers they are permanent no plans to change them they will last longer than I will thats for sure the build quality is excellent as is the sound. Nothing left for me to change now other than I still want to try an Oracle Delphi turntable if the chance comes along.

Reactions: Nopiano

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have 2 x 6m lengths of the Signature speaker cable (not the XL). It was a noticeable improvement on my previous VDH Cleartrack. I was so impressed I now have Signature XLR's from DAC to Preamp,
Phono Stage to Preamp and Pre to Power. Seems to work very well in my system, no fatigue or brightness. I also managed to pick up a used Chord Indigo phono cable for connection to my headphone amp.

There are of course two cable ranges above the Signature for those with loftier aspirations.
I'm already above my limits in reality and very happy with everything so won't be browsing hifi shops anymore I need a new hobby one that costs less and doesn't upset the wife.

• Haha
Reactions: Nopiano

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.