and not or
Wammer Plus
May 13, 2013
Inverness
AKA
Nicky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Evening all, I wonder if a friendly gyrodec owner could give me the measurement of the gyrodec feet from front to back please? I am almost certainly/possibly/definitely/maybe going to buy one but hadn't considered the rack it will sit on. From its outside dimensions I am fine for width and an overhang depth wise will not be a problem as long as the feet fit. If you get my drift.
Thanks in advance
Nick

P.S. The new forum is the absolute bobbins.

Reactions: MVJ

rdale

Wammer
Wammer Plus
May 21, 2009
Gran Canaria, Spain
AKA
Richard Dale
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Evening all, I wonder if a friendly gyrodec owner could give me the measurement of the gyrodec feet from front to back please? I am almost certainly/possibly/definitely/maybe going to buy one but hadn't considered the rack it will sit on. From its outside dimensions I am fine for width and an overhang depth wise will not be a problem as long as the feet fit. If you get my drift.
Thanks in advance
Nick

P.S. The new forum is the absolute bobbins.
There are two feet at the front and one at the back which is 34.5 cms behind the front ones. I’ve got mine sitting on three mpongo disks and so you may need to allow a bit more if the points of the feet are sitting on similar spike shoe protectors

Reactions: Drumossie

Drumossie

and not or
Wammer Plus
May 13, 2013
Inverness
AKA
Nicky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks guys, two measurements but even on the larger of the two I am in! This just went from maybe to most probably.

Reactions: DomT

rdale

Wammer
Wammer Plus
May 21, 2009
Gran Canaria, Spain
AKA
Richard Dale
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks guys, two measurements but even on the larger of the two I am in! This just went from maybe to most probably.
Actually my measurement is wrong as I failed to correctly subtract 16 from 40.5! It should be 24.5 cms centre to centre on my old 1983 gyro with Perspex base.

johns

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 29, 2016
Maidstone kent
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great deck I've had mine over 20 years now made a few upgrades orbe platter for instance.
They sound great and once set up seldom need any adjustments. Enjoy.

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
30 year Gyro owner here. You never tire of the looks, it is a design classic. I have always loved the full plinth looks over the SE, but appreciate this is down to individual preference.

Some tremendous third party upgrades have evolved over the last couple of years, not least the True Point pylons, but you can get to that in time. It remains highly capable straight out the box.

Amber Audio

This is the Day….
Wammer Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Aberdeenshire
AKA
Angus
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
30 year Gyro owner here. You never tire of the looks, it is a design classic. I have always loved the full plinth looks over the SE, but appreciate this is down to individual preference.

Some tremendous third party upgrades have evolved over the last couple of years, not least the True Point pylons, but you can get to that in time. It remains highly capable straight out the box.
I found the HR PSU to be a worthwhile purchase, felt it really improved the bottom end and pitch stability. Undecided on the pylons, I have bought stuff for my Pink Triangle from True Point who were excellent to deal with. Had my Gyro since 2003, the PT1 was bought 20 years earlier and still spinning :)

Drumossie

and not or
Wammer Plus
May 13, 2013
Inverness
AKA
Nicky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Approx 11” 280mm. I have the Gyro SE

In the end it was the looks that swung it for me, there are so many great decks at this and cheaper price points but the gyrodec just looks beautiful IMO. My preference is for the full plinth in black, I am more than a little excited.

Amber Audio

This is the Day….
Wammer Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Aberdeenshire
AKA
Angus
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The looks are definitely part of the attraction for me, wanted one ever since reading a review as a kid, finally had the dosh in 2003. Still have a soft spot for the PT buy the Gyro sounds better to me, had the same arm/cart on both a few times. Just upgraded the motor/psu on the Pink, have a couple tweaks in mind later this year then can try another head to head.

Always fancied the Odyssey - only 100 made

5546-michell_odyssey.jpg

Reactions: Drumossie and rdale

Drumossie

and not or
Wammer Plus
May 13, 2013
Inverness
AKA
Nicky
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The looks are definitely part of the attraction for me, wanted one ever since reading a review as a kid, finally had the dosh in 2003. Still have a soft spot for the PT buy the Gyro sounds better to me, had the same arm/cart on both a few times. Just upgraded the motor/psu on the Pink, have a couple tweaks in mind later this year then can try another head to head.

Always fancied the Odyssey - only 100 made

5546-michell_odyssey.jpg

Agreed, the PT pushes a lot of my buttons too.

Reactions: Tarzan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.