Wammer
Nov 22, 2010
Southampton
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all
Just curious if anyone has had and been able to fix the operating performance issue with bluesound node 2 ?
Mine is dreadful, it’s so slow to operate.
Firmware is all up to date, I’ve factory reset the damn thing a few times.

Mark

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What issue? I don't have any issues and I think Tidal is much quicker than it used to be. I have the Node2 also.

Maybe it's your network? router? are you using wifi or ethernet cable? What streaming service are you using?

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As above, router/wifi issues or some sort of signal conflict are often the cause of these sorts of issue rather than the the actual kit you are connecting with. It is a bit of a minefield!

Reactions: sparky68

sparky68

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2010
Southampton
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for replies

I’m using Lan connection but have tried Wi-Fi. Tried tidal and quboz, both take forever to load up my albums and play anything.

Turn it up!

Wam Bam
Wammer Plus
Nov 27, 2012
Brighton
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had some issues with mine a couple of months ago. Neither the Blusound or spotify would find the streamer and it wouldn't reset. Eventually I deleted all the apps off my phone, turned off my router for a while then turned on and did a full hard factory reset. took a few attempts but eventually it worked. Apart from that it's always been rock solid and no issues with speed. Maybe try turning your router off and resetting the streamer?

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for replies

I’m using Lan connection but have tried Wi-Fi. Tried tidal and quboz, both take forever to load up my albums and play anything.
How do you mean load your albums?

I just put the artist or album title in search and it appears after about 1 second, then I just Play the album.

what are you using to control the Node?

sparky68

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2010
Southampton
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Load my favourites, not albums sorry
I’m using the blu os on my iPhone
So when they finally load up, I click on the play button and nowt happens for quite some time

Radio paradise plays fine almost instantly

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would buy a cheap tablet. Put the Bluos app on..jobs a goodun. * If powering off everything..then turning on in sequence after the router doesn't work. Good luck !

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Load my favourites, not albums sorry
I’m using the blu os on my iPhone
So when they finally load up, I click on the play button and nowt happens for quite some time

Radio paradise plays fine almost instantly
I see, I don’t use favourites, sounds like this a loading issue.

Sotosound

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Vault 2 and I've found that BluOS is far from perfect and that how it behaves depends upon the choice of controller.

I've also found that my iPad, which is what I normally use as controller, is functionally the worst.

I can see that search results, displayed in the left half of the screen, are stored locally on the iPad, but the playlist itself (displayed on the right) and the volume and pause-play controls (displayed on the bottom) are stored on the Vault 2.

Apart from the Vault sometimes playing a track a few tracks above or below the one actually selected from the search results, there is a comms issue between the iPad and the Vault. This manifests itself by the Vault sometimes not responding to volume control changes and then doing a catch-up a minute or two later. Similarly, a selection from the search results on the iPad might not appear in the playlist stored on the Vault for a minute or two. Similarly, I can hit pause and nothing happens for a minute or two. Despite these annoying delays, the iPad still receives progress information from the Vault.

I have also found that, when hidden and then redisplayed, the volume control changes position without actually affecting volume. After it has changed position, any attempt to move it will immediately cause the volume to change to reflect this new position, which can result in either an unwanted sudden volume drop or unwanted sudden volume increase.

All in all, this can be a real drag.

I've raised these issues with Bluesound with mixed results and they've asked me to create a movie to demonstrate the volume control problem, which would be great if I had the time to do it and great if I wanted to do their job for them.

End of moan!

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a Vault 2 and I've found that BluOS is far from perfect and that how it behaves depends upon the choice of controller.

I've also found that my iPad, which is what I normally use as controller, is functionally the worst.

I can see that search results, displayed in the left half of the screen, are stored locally on the iPad, but the playlist itself (displayed on the right) and the volume and pause-play controls (displayed on the bottom) are stored on the Vault 2.

Apart from the Vault sometimes playing a track a few tracks above or below the one actually selected from the search results, there is a comms issue between the iPad and the Vault. This manifests itself by the Vault sometimes not responding to volume control changes and then doing a catch-up a minute or two later. Similarly, a selection from the search results on the iPad might not appear in the playlist stored on the Vault for a minute or two. Similarly, I can hit pause and nothing happens for a minute or two. Despite these annoying delays, the iPad still receives progress information from the Vault.

I have also found that, when hidden and then redisplayed, the volume control changes position without actually affecting volume. After it has changed position, any attempt to move it will immediately cause the volume to change to reflect this new position, which can result in either an unwanted sudden volume drop or unwanted sudden volume increase.

All in all, this can be a real drag.

I've raised these issues with Bluesound with mixed results and they've asked me to create a movie to demonstrate the volume control problem, which would be great if I had the time to do it and great if I wanted to do their job for them.

End of moan!
I use an iPad as controller for my Node2 and don’t have any issues but I don’t do playlists or favourites. I don’t change the volume either on the Node. I did use a very old iPad but now have a more recent model, both worked fine. Why do you change the volume on the Vault?

Sotosound

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 27, 2014
Buckinghamshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I use an iPad as controller for my Node2 and don’t have any issues but I don’t do playlists or favourites. I don’t change the volume either on the Node. I did use a very old iPad but now have a more recent model, both worked fine. Why do you change the volume on the Vault?
Because it's convenient.

My preamp is behind the sofa and to my right, meaning that I have to twist around awkwardly and stretch to point the remote in my right hand over my left shoulder to change volume on the preamp.

FWIW, this volume control issue doesn't arise on my Samsung Galaxy J6 phone, on my wife's iPhone 11, on my Windows 10 laptop, or on my Windows 10 desktop. What does happen is that if I adjust the volume using one of these devices, the volume slider on all of the other devices moves to reflect this. This tells me that the Vault owns this part of the screen display.

sparky68

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 22, 2010
Southampton
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hey all many thanks for the help

Managed to sort it finally, as we have so many IOT devices it was easier to just knock off the main fuse for the house to reset everything, after restarting all is working as it should now.

Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.