Opera Audio/Consonance Droplet 3.1 Linear CD player for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Up for grabs is my beautiful Consonance Droplet 3.1 Linear CDP. Although not a digital guy I was really taken by how this player looked, & when I heard one I had to own one. Unfortunately for me I have not been able to find a suitable place to put it, being a top loader it has to sit on top of a rack, but there is no way any CDP can replace my turntable.

This player has a ECC88 valve output stage, & uses a Philips TDA 1543 DAC. The included remote allows selection of standard non oversampling 44.1, or upsampling at 88.2khz or 176.4khz.

I have just put a nos Tesla ECC88 valve in, & it is possible to hear how different valves affect the sound, I prefer this to the Brimar before it. It works perfectly, even reading home recorded CD's. It has what I would call a full sound, with no hint of the glare I can sometimes hear with some players. It is in terrific condition all round, with one caveat. I tried to polish the brushed aluminium top plate, big mistake as it came out very patchy, & I didn't fancy dismantling the player to machine polish it, so after a bit of searching I found a vinyl wrap that was an identical match. If I say so myself I did a very good job, you simply cannot tell I have done it, even close up, unless you really pore over it. I have plenty of pictures if you require more, but 2 hits my file limit for ads.

It comes with remote, a copy of the spec sheets, a standard mains lead, & the original box & packaging. I am very reluctant to post, given how couriers treat boxes, but I feel sure I can agree some sort of handover with a buyer, the wam being the wam and all.

I am asking £700.

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

Reactions: joolz and deggie

Electrostatic1

New Wammer
May 28, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Very intriguing.  Where would this need to be collected from if that is the preferred delivery option?

Speedracer

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2014
Ferndown
AKA
Brook
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very intriguing.  Where would this need to be collected from if that is the preferred delivery option?
Yes I am in Ferndown, near Bournemouth. I can get it almost the length of the south coast, & there is a wam taxi that will be going to the Bradford area soon. Sheffield & Manchester are doable too, & I don't mind delivering it anywhere within an hour or so from here, maybe further if I can get some help with fuel costs.

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm pretty sure this could be transported via the South Coast massive to me in South East or South West London for collection if required :)   

Reactions: Non-Smoking Man

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have one of these, its goin nowhere. Its a mega cdp, sounds sublime, looks a million dollars , tons of waf and heavy enough to kill a large predator..if thats your thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online