Linn Owners

Used Ittok on ebay - looks like its heading north of $1000!

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I suppose the question is what would you rather buy for $1,000 if looking for a decent arm?
True.  For a long time Linn's position was that the (original) Akito was better than the Ittok.  Of course, they were trying to sell new Akitos and didn't want used Ittoks eating into that rapidly declining market.

Mr Kandid

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wonder if it's a thin or thick pillar that would be crucial depending on the long term interest.

Original Akito was Japanese too and knowhere near as good as an Iitok.

And the Scottish built Akito was Knowhere near as good as a 1st Ekos either although they hiked the price up to look good.

Never mind all in the past and likely well worn and no real repair service anymore. :minikev:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’d never even thought about that!   Maybe “Linn voiced”?
Not quite. I heard the story from someone at a Linn dealer in Tokyo. So I would guess that it came from the designer. Perhaps this is the first time for it to come up in a language other than Japanese. I wouldn’t be surprised if no one outside of Japan, besides me, knows it. Let’s let it sit for a little while, then I’ll spill the beans. 

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s Las Vegas. Another bit of trivia, the designer was a Mr Ito and Ivor reckoned he was “OK” This was actually documented in the first Linn Magazine printed in 1984.

’troll

Last edited by a moderator:

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like it may have reached a "point of resistance" (as they say in the financial community) at $867.  It'll probably start going up again when the auction approaches its close.

sktn77a

Audio Dinosaur
Wammer
Nov 11, 2014
NC, USA
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Maybe it is rising so high because it was Made in Scotland, at least according to the description.  Since Ittok LVIIs were made in Japan, this would make it quite rare.
A bit like my Sturtevant-Richmont Cal 36/4!

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.