Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes the way this season has started, it is hard to tell who the big 6 are meant to be. I feel the lack of fans in stadia is helping the smaller teams, Anfield, Old Trafford, The Emirates ect are not as intimidating, as they are full of expectant supporters. I think this season is going to be one hell of a ride.

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes the way this season has started, it is hard to tell who the big 6 are meant to be. I feel the lack of fans in stadia is helping the smaller teams, Anfield, Old Trafford, The Emirates ect are not as intimidating, as they are full of expectant supporters. I think this season is going to be one hell of a ride.
I was one of 125 yesterday at Ashton Town v Daisy Hill , yes I am that bored.

Reactions: greybeard

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not as bored as me watching Everton this afternoon , dear dear me ,  dreadful .
Every player decided to have a bad day, we’ll still be top of the league next Saturday morning ( unless Wolves win today and Friday night)

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yet another night of Liverpool not really turning up yet still managing to get it done . Two poor CL games but six points and with Ajax v Atalanta a draw we only need two more wins and were through to the next round. Yet another Central Defender struck down and looking like he will be out for at least two weeks probably more . Young lad Williams played well when he came on but to be honest there was not that much to defend .

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hard to decide who they are anymore , most money , most fans , most league wins . The big five traditionally were Everton , Liverpool , Man Utd , Arsenal and Spurs , those days have gone , when the Prem took off and the big overseas money came in Chelsea , Man City came to the fore , Everton most definitely missed the boat and Liverpool to some extent got caught out until John Henry stepped in , today with all clubs paying big money and big salaries there is a lot of chopping and changing .
Agreed. The plimsoll line has evaporated when it comes to the top 4 or 6. 

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Another Saturday night game and the same result . A less than perfect performance more signs of defensive frailty but still they just get it done . For tonight at least Liverpool back at the top of the league . This is going to be a very strange season .

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
At last an away win against one of the so called top 6. Thomas Partey has really slotted in quickly, really does look a class act.

Reactions: Bazzer

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Everton need to get rolling again , the reckless challenge by Richarlison against Liverpool has cost us dearly , Everton have never won a game without him and he's missing again this weekend against Man Utd who themselves need a big performance or I feel it's only a matter of time before Pochecttino replaces OSG. James Rodriguez should be back but I feel he's a one trick pony albeit a clever one , he's deceptive , he's slower than he looks to quote Bill Shankley , in fact the whole of the Everton midfield are the slowest in the league they'll make Pogba look like Frankel .

Prediction - Everton ? - ? Man Utd , God knows .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well for Saturday at least I will be an Everton fan there is nothing I would like more than seeing them give Utd a good pasting to add to the current defeats they have had . As Bazzer says the downside of this is that it could result in OGS being sacked which i do not want to see the longer he stays in charge the happier I will be. Come on Everton do what you looked like doing from the start of the season become consistent and show you can be a balanced team .

Colinjg

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2016
South Midlands.
AKA
Walter Fagen.
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reading up on the weekend's Football this morning.  The PL Table is looking interesting.  The only Match the media seem interested in today, was a Match yesterday by the team in 3rd place getting a 1--1 draw with a team in the bottom half of the table. ( CORRECTION:  10th.)

Leicester and Villa are clearly not very interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: greybeard

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My team were thumped yesterday, by a very good Villa side, we did not help our cause, by being absolutely dreadful.

I thought Dick was back as manager!

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Second that one good luck to Scotland it is about time they made an appearance at a major tournament . As usual they have made their fans suffer but got the result in the end. Look forward to the games in a very different UK next year.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Liverpool made an easy game due to injuries Leicester will roll them over and go back to the top. Well that was the theory , wish? by the media.

Really sorry to disappoint but Liverpool were dominant and won with ease . 

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Watched parts of the Man Utd game last night and it was on the face of it a very comfortable and easy win . But at times the score could have been 3-4 , 4-4 or even in favour of the away team . Utd again look quite impressive going forward and able to counter with great speed and then finish the move well . They look a little less convincing when they need to break teams down and work the ball for a chance. Good result though and this should mean they qualify for the next round .

lower bullens

NSNO Wammer
Wammer
Jan 20, 2007
Wirral
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Diego Maradona has gone to give God his hand back  :( , he may have been a cheating , cocaine addled (allegedly) so and so but he couldn’t half play football.  RIP. 

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry I just could'nt bring myself to forgive him😡 

RIP Diego.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members