Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
We're going to get stuffed tonight. Most of the team don't give a toss now, and a lot of them know they wont be there next season, so to coin a long used football cliche they're already on the beach. It was 5-0 at Old Trafford, a proper drubbing, but to be honest if Liverpool had played the 2nd half with the same intensity as the 1st then it would/should have been 10-0, no exaggeration.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Went to the game last night and the game game turned out to be a mixture of my predictions . UTD did in fact try and defend deep and frustrate Liverpool , sadly with the set of players they have currently this was not even a remote possibility . To defend like that needs concentration , intensity , passion and strength . This current team had none of that . Thye may well have been better advised to just go all out and attack Liverpool with everything as the score might well have been the same but at least they would have tried . This was so one sided from minute six to the end that it could have been more goals from Liverpool . At minute seven Liverpool fans showed their real true spirit and all our thoughts are still with Ronaldo and his family at a really awful time for them . UTD fans showed their true class when straight after the applause finished they broke out in to a rousing chorus of You Scouse Bastards . So not that upset that they got beat as they did yesterday and seeing the UTD fans leaving early after the third goal was good as they need to be as far away from my City as possible .

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great performance from Arsenal tonight, and a very entertaining game too. I am not sure where that performance came from, after our last 3 games, which were abysmal. If we can beat Utd on Saturday, we are right back in the race for 4th place.
I was pleased to see Nketiah get a brace tonight, he worked hard, and deserved his goals.

Reactions: deggie and Devil

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just as I thought maybe Everton would get out of this Burnley have hit some form and we have Liverpool and Chelsea next , one point ahead but a worse GD , not looking good at all .

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just as I thought maybe Everton would get out of this Burnley have hit some form and we have Liverpool and Chelsea next , one point ahead but a worse GD , not looking good at all .
To put more gloom on the situation Burnley have Wolves at home then Watford away , Everton could quite feasibly be 5 points adrift .

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes but after the next two games I mean , 5 points adrift is worth double psychologically .
Yes but a big if they will get 5 points ahead. Everton are Lokino shakey though, had some good chances against Leicester to score but did not even hit the target but at least they are creating chances. Psychology works in many ways. A lot depends on the Liverpool game, if they get something rather than a thrashing.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A lot depends on the Liverpool game, if they get something rather than a thrashing.

Even the most optimistic Evertonian is expecting zilch from the Derby , Burney play first and just a point would drop Everton into the bottom three , which will be like a hangover for the players starting the game.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As normal will be going to the Derby on Sunday and for the first time in a very long while I am torn in my feelings towards the game . As expected I want Liverpool to win and so keep up the chase for the PL . Yet I also deeply do not want to see Everton get relegated not only would it be awful for the supporters but also for the City . There is so much tied up in this that it could be really serious for the long term future of the club if they were to fail to stay up . So whatever the result I will have very mixed emotions and one part will be sad .

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Even the most optimistic Evertonian is expecting zilch from the Derby , Burney play first and just a point would drop Everton into the bottom three , which will be like a hangover for the players starting the game.
A point maybe too much to dream of but a decent performance and only losing by a goal or 2 rather than losing 5 or more nil. Dropping into relegation zone may spur them on.

DIB

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 13, 2009
Manchester
AKA
Dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Next up for United is Arsenal tomorrow lunchtime, and like the other night against Liverpool I'm expecting nothing more than another good hiding.

ps: read a stat today about the last 10 meetings between Liverpool and Man U, the score is 29-2 for Liverpool I believe :(

• Wow
Reactions: Bazzer

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The early kick off today, against Man Utd. I am a bit more confident about a positive result, after the mid week results, but it is always a tough game for us against them, due to our intense rivalry some years ago, in the Premier league. A win, would probably end Utd's chances of 4th and would put pressure on the Spuds who are playing later. COYG!

Reactions: Devil and Bazzer

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well that was a game that had it all, plus the right result for us Gooners. We certainly rode our luck, and had a very dodgy 20 minutes or so, but came through it, and put the game to bed, with a thunderbolt of a shot from the much maligned Xaka. Well done to the Arsenal fans for showing compassion towards Ronaldo on 7 minutes, with their applause. Come on Brentford, you can beat Spurs!!

Reactions: Devil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online