And I Thought I Was Over the Top

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jeezzzz..... I thought I was a bit over keen spending a grand on interconnect and speaker cables (Virtual Dynamics Nites I/C and David Speaker cables) but Martin Colloms has just reviewed the newer, just below the top Transparent cables.

At only £16K for the cheapie set and £22K for the semi-serious cable I am just fooling myself
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
, especially when you realise the top cable was a little system dependent and did not always show a clean pair of heels to the cheapie.

What!!
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
:shock: of course it doesn't include the mains cables, these are speciality cables and are therefore a shade more expensive than those from Maplins.

G

anyone who spends a grand on cables needs shooting imho.

would sooner give it to charity or my kids. i like nice things in life but i know when to draw the line 1k on cables i ask you?

G

mikedefacto wrote:

anyone who uses a pioneer av amp with a michell turntable needs shooting imho.
my money goes on more important things than hifi my friend. the house and holidays for one.

will get a 5k amp in time once the house is all finished, i mustget these things first, a corvette stingray in the garage, new caravan on the drive , snow mobile, little boat, 1200 ninja. 61 inch hidef plasma, landscaped garden, pool.

then a new amp.

istari knight

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2005
South downs
AKA
James
mikedefacto wrote:

C'mon this is getting f*cking old , Surely im not the only one sick of reading this rubbish ????

O.K you dont agree with someones choice of kit, Get over it !

Ineed a beer now!
wub.png

mikedefacto

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Liverpool
AKA
Mike
rudolph hucker wrote:

mikedefacto wrote:
my money goes on more important things than hifi my friend. the house and holidays for one.

will get a 5k amp in time once the house is all finished, i mustget these things first, a corvette stingray in the garage, new caravan on the drive , snow mobile, little boat, 1200 ninja. 61 inch hidef plasma, landscaped garden, pool.

then a new amp.
Not bothered what you use mate butnotice how you suddenly react when someone mentions something that you're using.... yet you implied that george should be shot for spending a grand on cables.... :dude:

istari knight

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 28, 2005
South downs
AKA
James
mikedefacto wrote:

It was a reaction to Rudi's comment about George's speaker cables... get over it.
i was already "over it" when i posted but didnt like to see the 60 seconds it took me to write wasted........

errrrr hang on ..... Deja vu ?

Doh !

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
16k is a lot, 22k is a very lot
smile.png

A grand doesn't seem ridiculous.

5 grand on an amp, now thats downright stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.