Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a chuckle at that and then thought I would have a look at a photo of the insides of my Arcam ST60. not much more than the new streamer lol.
And tbf, many streamers are pretty sparse. Obviously manufacturers use similar sized boxes because it looks tidy. Tuners were much the same, back in the day, and often the same size as the matching amp.

Reactions: rabski and hiesteem

Drummerman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2018
I can't say I am too enamoured with the new design (or the previous SA series one though it looks far nicer on the shelf than on pics) but they sure are solidly built.

Reactions: Linear

WolvesWill

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 4, 2010
Wolverhampton
AKA
William Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not a fan of the new look at all personally, hoping they look better in the metal!

I own an Arcam SA10 and CDS50 as my second 'office' system, both of which felt really solidly made, and sound decent as well. Bit disappointed to be left with a range of components with no aesthetic match with the more modern stuff, surprising to see Arcam go so radical when the rest of their range (Delta, Alpha, A series through to FMJ) historically had a slower evolution.

I think both the SA range and Radia are m/were a bit behind the curve features wise, no HDMI ARC or USB input option on most of the range is a big omission in my view, the new models should have had one or both. I hope the streaming software is a big step up from that used with the CDS50 too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles