Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure if these are good value or not?

50 LP's, some original first pressings with picture discs and 12" & 7" singles for sale via an eBay seller. Best Offer too.

LINK HERE

alphatoner

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 17, 2007
Tring, Herts
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Definitely NOT good value IMO,

Poor quality pics but even so you can tell some of the covers are in at best poor condition the Bad Co cover is a good example, it looks very tatty to me. Also, a fair proportion would never be worth more than a couple of quid even in NM condition. Personally, without the full information (runout etchings etc.), I would also take the 1st press ones with a very large pinch of salt. The description only every says "look good" which implies to me a car boot or bulk buy lot and someone just trying to turn a profit, not a collector getting rid of their cherished vinyl.

I wouldn't pay more than £150, no correct that I personally wouldn't pay diddly squat for these. But others may think differently.

mikeyb

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 10, 2013
Fife, Scotland
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Definitely NOT good value IMO,
Poor quality pics but even so you can tell some of the covers are in at best poor condition the Bad Co cover is a good example, it looks very tatty to me. Also, a fair proportion would never be worth more than a couple of quid even in NM condition. Personally, without the full information (runout etchings etc.), I would also take the 1st press ones with a very large pinch of salt. The description only every says "look good" which implies to me a car boot or bulk buy lot and someone just trying to turn a profit, not a collector getting rid of their cherished vinyl.
I wouldn't pay more than £150, no correct that I personally wouldn't pay diddly squat for these. But others may think differently.
I agree. Lots of these bulk lots seem to have one or two decent titles and loads of crap ones thrown in to make it look a great deal but of all the 'job lots' I viewed, and there are plenty on eBay, I wouldn't have bought ANY of them.

As you say the 'Look Good' is a sure sign they're dump fodder [emoji6]

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Agree with all the above.

Loads of LPs from no-hope bands that are really nothing more than skip fodder. A few 'classic' rock bits, but nothing you couldn't buy elsewhere cheaper. I wouldn't go to £150. In fact, I wouldn't buy at all. The hassle of picking them up, sorting them out and then dumping all the rubbish simply doesn't justify it. I've bought job lots of vinyl, but from known sources and with quality ratings I can trust.

Reactions: mikeyb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles