Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I brought the Alto at the last wam show knowing the CD drawer had a fault
Finally got round to sorting it out
I’m pretty sure I’ve found the fault. There is plenty of grease in the mechanism and there are no teeth missing off the cogs . What I believe is the problem is this
There seems to be a missing tooth which centres the main cog onto the drive shank .
If it is this I will have to see if I can find a replacement from the manufacturer or buy a faulty player cheap and hope it hasn’t the same problem??

Attachments

• FD98588C-11BD-475C-8E50-6C0C4E5AF83D.jpeg
    FD98588C-11BD-475C-8E50-6C0C4E5AF83D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 19

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I brought the Alto at the last wam show knowing the CD drawer had a fault
Finally got round to sorting it out
I’m pretty sure I’ve found the fault. There is plenty of grease in the mechanism and there are no teeth missing off the cogs . What I believe is the problem is this
There seems to be a missing tooth which centres the main cog onto the drive shank .
If it is this I will have to see if I can find a replacement from the manufacturer or buy a faulty player cheap and hope it hasn’t the same problem??
I think it has a tooth missing on the right and that there should be four . As the plastic to the right doesn’t look like it should when it comes out of the moulding process ?

tackleberry

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 28, 2010
Leeds..ish
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Not familiar with this player, is it definitely missing?

if you can’t source a new one, could you have one 3D printed?

Reactions: bigrod

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
None of those seem to include the defective part in the picture posted by Julian . Unless this can identified then getting a 3D print of a replacement might be the only option and they would need to CAD design the missing part .

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sorry @tackleberry mine was a comment not intended as any put down . You are spot on with the model just do not see the part Jules needs among those pictures . This may mean that is an audio innovations add on or just not part of the transport mech but listed as some thing else .

Last edited:
Reactions: bigrod

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I can’t see this wheel either .
It isn’t fully toothed and has blank sections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online