Audio Physics

M

Mr Coherent

Coherent Systems would like to announce that the Audio Physics range of quality speakers has joined our quality line up of brands that we are representing.

We would like to take this oppotunity of introducing the very latest addition to the range the Scorpio.

This new design from Audio Physics has a more rounded and fuller sound, whilst retaining all those aspects that A/P are famous for.

We feel they are onto a winner here!!

Call Paul/Tony to book a demo....... http://www.coherent-systems.co.uk/contact.asp

[align=center]
Scorpio_large1.jpg

[/align]

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Are these the ones that were playing on the end of that Bel Canto digital rig at Heathrow, T? Sounded very, very nice...
smile.png

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
I have a pair of the oldVirgo II's, Houdini could not pull off a better vanishing act. Solid, very well built and great sounding kit!

PAG

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Wirral.
AKA
si
aye, i use AP`s too.

demo`d them with bel canto`s a while back, but with valves they are glorious!

M

Mr Coherent

The A/P products work very well with valves as they do with solid state, the B/C seem to have a synergy with them. As with all these partnerships, set up is most important.
smile.png

The Swedish Chef

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2005
Göteborg, , Sweden
AKA
Philip
Mr Coherent wrote:

......... As with all these partnerships, set up is most important.
smile.png
is that in reference to the sideways firing bass driver? as i have found this type of configuration difficult to place in a domestically friendly way, i.e. not halfway in to the room

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
The Swedish Chef wrote:

Mr Coherent wrote:
......... As with all these partnerships, set up is most important.
smile.png
is that in reference to the sideways firing bass driver? as i have found this type of configuration difficult to place in a domestically friendly way, i.e. not halfway in to the room
I've found that placement near sideboundaries (in my room) is more critical to getting the balance right than having them too close to a rear wall. That, and ensuring that you have openspace between them so the push-push configuration can do the job its designed to do i.e. not having kit and the like between them. Just my experience mind you.

The Swedish Chef

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2005
Göteborg, , Sweden
AKA
Philip
thanks, my point was that there seems to be a need with type of speaker to having nothing in the way of the sideways firing bass units, therefore placing them either side of of your stand or in classic english styled chimney alcoves would appear to be detrimental to their performance

M

Mr Coherent

Placement of these speakers can be an issue with some rooms, though I've always managed to get the correct performance out of them without too much intrusion into the room, side wall boundries reflections can be measured and correct postions sought. We do offer the room measurement service as part of the speaker buying package. To ensure the cleint has best information possible to enable them to make the correct choice for them.

kingsxfan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Wirral
AKA
Phil
As I understand, AP actually state that their speakers (with sideways firing drivers) need to be at least two feet away from a side wall. Once you have distanced them so, any reflections are undetectable by the ear/brain. This appears to be based on solid acousticresearch as opposed to a suck-it-and-see type of approach.

I had very little trouble getting them to sing in my room, they are a superb speaker and give a presentation that I've never personally encountered in my listening room with any other speaker I've owned. Music just seems to hover like aphantom and the boxes just vanish.It seemed a little spooky at first but its asupremely satisfying experience. I sat and listened to Jon & Vangelis's Private Collection LP over the weekend, drink in hand and feet up. These speakers just let me drift away into the music. Lovely.
smile.png

Rory

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Essex, , United King
kingsxfan wrote:

I have a pair of the oldVirgo II's, Houdini could not pull off a better vanishing act. Solid, very well built and great sounding kit!
always had a soft spot for the Virgos. AP make some stonking subs too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online