Audiolab 7000 series

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just reading the initial blurb it says that it can Handle USB HDD tried to check the specifications and see if this means if can handle large USB SSD HD ? If this is the case then it offers a very unique solution to those who do not want a full network system but would like to play their music from ripped files on their HD without a computer in between . Yes I know you miss out on Internet Radio and streaming but if you only use one system and have a large music library then this could be a very simple and elegant solution .

Sadly I suspect that the USB input will in fact be very limited and only able to take small flash drives with a limited number of songs on them as has been shown by other Players such as the Squeezebox , Touch and Naim units .

Southeast

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 5, 2019
Chichester
AKA
Jason
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just reading the initial blurb it says that it can Handle USB HDD tried to check the specifications and see if this means if can handle large USB SSD HD ? If this is the case then it offers a very unique solution to those who do not want a full network system but would like to play their music from ripped files on their HD without a computer in between . Yes I know you miss out on Internet Radio and streaming but if you only use one system and have a large music library then this could be a very simple and elegant solution .

Sadly I suspect that the USB input will in fact be very limited and only able to take small flash drives with a limited number of songs on them as has been shown by other Players such as the Squeezebox , Touch and Naim units .
I agree.
I have got around that by using a resberry pi with volumio which for hard disk use is a free is and I purchased the volumio app for just under £3 to control the pi.
I now have a volumio branded streamer but still same is but for me a cd player that did large file flac sad/HDD, and sacd/cd playback would be great.
Maybe for big budgets it is but nothing I know of for lower budgets sadly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online