Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
AudioMods tonearms are quite something and when you buy them, they have a lifetime guarantee. In addition, you always have the option of the upgrade path throughout the range. 
My favourite tonearm has generally been the Audio Origami PU7 and J who builds them is a true gent but the costs of that arm are now in access of £2300 which some may say is cheap compared to the likes of Graham and SME but everything in proportion, there are some things that take some beating at a given price. Anyway, last year I took the punt on the new Audiomods Classic 3 arm on my Thorens and I was quite literally shocked at how good it was, a great balance and partnership with the deck. They both play off one another where the Thorens has a slightly laid back approach, the arm is dynamic and has a very taught bass line and will show you what your cartridge is capable of, literally.

EAA14776-71CD-4022-940E-D33DF94D5150.jpeg

A Fantastic arm, worth every penny. 

Anyway, I took advantage of Jeff at Audiomods upgrade path and paid the difference between the classic 3 and the series 6 arm. Basically arm goes back and gets rebuilt to the latest generation top model.  E6744C83-1DB7-4FA1-A686-B5BBAE092A23.jpeg

Well, it’s back, after a bit of a wait but god! Worth it! How it extracts the detail is amazing. Everything I had but more. Bass is deeper, imagery has improved and the 3D. soundstage has improved. To say I’m impressed is an understatement. I’d consider this arm to be close to the PU7 at Less than half the price. 
Jeffs engineering skills and attention to detail are second to none. Seriously top arm and if your in the market for a new arm, do not overlook it or if you have one, upgrade it to this! Probably one of the best upgrades I’ve done and £380! @Idlewithnodrive, you owe yourself this upgrade 👍🏻
CE593547-04E4-4C37-85EF-0EE701078E21.jpeg

7BD999B0-06EC-4773-BEF9-4B07B7B62E22.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Result ! That looks fab J and matches the deck so well. Really pleased it lives up to your expectations.

Reference upgrade, I may just take a look at that 🤔

Reactions: Rockchild

PeteT59

Wammer
Jul 20, 2020
Brighton
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm so glad to hear your report on this.

I've just bought a series 6, it looks stunning, but I've yet to hear it I as I need to make a new arm board to use it on my micro seiki DD40 as I can't find one anywhere online - perhaps not too surprising as the deck is now 42 years old.

I'll post something later, as and when I get it up and running...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm so glad to hear your report on this.

I've just bought a series 6, it looks stunning, but I've yet to hear it I as I need to make a new arm board to use it on my micro seiki DD40 as I can't find one anywhere online - perhaps not too surprising as the deck is now 42 years old.

I'll post something later, as and when I get it up and running...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Good choice 👍🏻 

look forward to seeing it in action 

Bigman80

BigBottle Audio
Wammer
Dec 18, 2015
Wolverhampton
AKA
Oliver
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
BigBottle Tuesday [emoji12]
Good grief, there will be no shifting you from the sweet spot!

Hope it all works nicely together. You've been brave taking a punt on am unknown Phonostage, but fortune favours the brave.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good grief, there will be no shifting you from the sweet spot!

Hope it all works nicely together. You've been brave taking a punt on am unknown Phonostage, but fortune favours the brave.

Lol

Well because I sold my Luxman amp thinking I needed the funds for something else and then didn’t, the arm and BB hopefully will make up for the loss 🤔

Reactions: Bigman80

Bigman80

BigBottle Audio
Wammer
Dec 18, 2015
Wolverhampton
AKA
Oliver
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Lol
Well because I sold my Luxman amp thinking I needed the funds for something else and then didn’t, the arm and BB hopefully will make up for the loss [emoji848]
We will find out.......soon.lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.