jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I used to own something similar. It looks very tidy:love:. Probably go for about £400+

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know a chap who has been eyeing this up as he asked me for advice about it. Unfortunately, it appears that the seller is being awkward about arranging for him to come and check it out before bidding and is also extremely reluctant to un-box it and test it.

Make of this what you will..

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
"All in good working order and in outstanding condition given their age." Doesn't sound dodgy to me :?

Lunatic

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 14, 2010
worthing west sussex
AKA
carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Years ago i owned a CD6500, I never tired of opening and closing the drawer, i wonder how good it would be with a decent DAC on the end of it, i also had some Beovox 3000 but they were a bit meh to be honest, i still have my Beovox 5000 hanging on my wall but they havent been run for years now and the frets got lost years ago and i have never been able to find another pair cheap enough :-(

[h=1][/h]

Lunatic

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 14, 2010
worthing west sussex
AKA
carl
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Did sir ever try playing music through it?
I did, but at the time i was living in a bedsit and had it running through a technics suv7 and an old pair of knackered B&W DM220'S, i must admit i'd like to try another one now, since switching over to an expensive cinema amp (pioneer sc-lx82) my x-ray v3 (which i have owned since new in 05) is so harsh i hardley ever play cd's anymore :-(

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
"All in good working order and in outstanding condition given their age." Doesn't sound dodgy to me :?
I hate to break it to you, but not all of the claims made by eBay sellers are true. True, this lot may well be all perfectly working and something of a bargain but, if so, why would the seller be reluctant to prove this?

I always demonstrate anything I sell on eBay as collection only but maybe I'm one of the few. Heck, I still can't get over the fact I sold my car on eBay before Christmas and, of the 31 bidders, not ONE person came to see it and the winning buyer didn't even want to take it for a quick spin before he handed over the cash and drove off in it!

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I hate to break it to you, but not all of the claims made by eBay sellers are true. True, this lot may well be all perfectly working and something of a bargain but, if so, why would the seller be reluctant to prove this?I always demonstrate anything I sell on eBay as collection only but maybe I'm one of the few. Heck, I still can't get over the fact I sold my car on eBay before Christmas and, of the 31 bidders, not ONE person came to see it and the winning buyer didn't even want to take it for a quick spin before he handed over the cash and drove off in it!
You've just reminded me of one of the few bits of Hifi I have sold via eBay. Like you I always offer to demonstrate the kit, and in almost every case normally do. However I remember one time wasting arsehole, who coincidently was wanting to demo my Bang & Olufsen 5000 system. I made arrangements to be in for him coming. He spent about an hour listening to all the various parts. Before openly admitting he had no intention of buying it, in that he just wanted to listen to it. I think his name was Warwick Hunt :roll: .

I eventually sold it to another ebayer from South Yorkshire area, who arranged to meet at a motorway services, and bought as seen from the back of the car. He was happy to pay the £350 I sold it for, unheard. Saying he could easily get more for it on the continent. Everyone was happy in the end :) .

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It really depends what you want from your purchase I suppose. Buying the aforementioned B&O kit and finding it wasn't working fully would annoy me briefly but as I have the means, knowledge and enthusiasm to repair it I wouldn't be unduly concerned.

Someone who doesn't know one end of a screwdriver from the other buying it to have as their main system and then discovering that the CD player needs a new drawer belt, however, might view it differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online