Jan 13, 2008
Leeds, UK
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A pair of Bowers and Wilkins ( B&W ) 802 Diamond speakers in Cherry Wood

Owned by me from new they have had an easy life and are in mint condition

Our new house doesn't have room for them so i am reluctantly putting them up for sale with the funds going towards something slightly smaller

Relatively efficient you can drive them well with many different setups.  I drove them with a 70W integrated but they really came on song when i upgraded to a krell pre/power. It's about quality not quantity. but if you have both quality and quantity they they really sing

The photos are taken with the speakers on their castors. When you have them in the right position fit the beautifully engineered spikes

I have the original grilles ( never fitted ) , the cloth dustcovers and most importantly the original boxes.

The speakers weight around 80 kg each and the dimensions of each speaker when boxed are 128cm high x 51cm x 74 cm.

Owing to the size and weight these speakers are never sent on carriers, it is too risky. 

So they are collect in person only from Leeds. However i have a van and could deliver at extra cost as long as it is not too far.

£6500 ovno

If you want to see more pictures check out my eBay listing , i am also selling a my Krell 302 power amp and Cardas cables

B&W 802 a guide to the various models for the unfamiliar

This 802 has been in B&W's line up for a long time as befits it's classic status

the original models where called the 802 and had an aluminium tweeter

The next generation gained a diamond tweeter and were called the 802D

The next generation improved the bass and treble drivers by going to neodynium magnets. These were called the 802 Diamonds. Visually they look similar to the older models but they have silver rings round the bass drivers

A couple of years ago they were replaced by the current models called the 802D3. 

IMG_20200618_125321_4CS.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online