Bad feeling about my AE1 that sold on Ebay

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
My AE1 Mk2 auction just ended with a fine result, £579 include del, only problem is the winner is an eBay vergin! I have monitored my auction all week and all of the highest bidder were with good feedbacks and BANG! last minute this gizzer with 0% feedback come in from no where and got it. I would rather sell them for less to a 100% feedback ebayer!

mikedefacto

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 1, 2005
Liverpool
AKA
Mike
Shouldn't be so critical... one day you had 0% feedback - I bet you didn't think that it made you less trustworthy.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Try not to worry. Could happen to anyone. Happened to me last year when I sold a Sony SACD player to someone in Israel (of all places). Turned out to be a smooth transaction.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Thanks for the kind words but I am worry cos since I got the Classe cdp I been thinking about upgrade amp and speakers.....the Classe is a class above the rest of my gear!

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Where it says the number of bids (a figure) - click on that. It will then give a list of all the bidders.

HectorHughMunro

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 29, 2006
London, , United Kin
There's no reason to though. As long as you get the money by paypal or some cleared form that can't be withdrawn later (ie not western Union), it shouldn't matter. As seller, you get the money first and then send the kit afterwards - that's always been the arrangement that I've expected (usually as a buyer) on Epay.

If the guy won the auction, unless you specified a certain minimum amount of positive feedback, you are probably legally bound to sell it.

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Give him a chance ob1971, everyone has to start with a first transaction. Are you accepting Paypal? Not everyone pays instantly although most sellers seem to expect it 30 seconds after the auction end. I give my buyers two days after the auction to pay or send payment if paying by cheque or postal order. The only time I waited longer was when one buyer was rushed to hospital after a car accident just after he made the winning bid! Didn't discover this until after I had relisted the item and sold it to someone else.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What a strange coincidence. I really hope that your AE1 sale doesn't turn out the way mine did a couple of years back.

The buyer, in mainland Europe, paid wthPayPal - so I sent the little darlings off to him. Over 2 months later PayPal took the money back off me - the guy had stolen the credit card details from someone else. No way I could trace him. Bye-bye £500+.

sad.png

Hope your deal works out better.

Steveh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 3, 2007
Darkest Yorkshire
AKA
tallow vendor
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ob1971 wrote:

My AE1 Mk2 auction just ended with a fine result, £579 include del, only problem is the winner is an eBay vergin! I have monitored my auction all week and all of the highest bidder were with good feedbacks and BANG! last minute this gizzer with 0% feedback come in from no where and got it. I would rather sell them for less to a 100% feedback ebayer!
Checked bidding history - this guy actually made 2 bids, the 2nd after he was outbid. Suggests he was determined to purchase the speakers because they matched his needs. You are protected by Paypal, suggest you send recorded delivery as extra protection, or suggest delivering them for COD.

mhuk

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 9, 2006
Worcester
AKA
Mark
When someone pays money into your paypal account- take it out straight away.

"You are protected by Paypal".. ha ha.

Get his name, phone number and address (and money) before sending the speakers to him. And phone him (on a landline) if you're worried.

"you are probably legally bound to sell it." This is eBay. They'll do nothing.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paypal will protect you in this case. If they dont you can take em to court. It should be a hassle free transaction though I would think.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
nixon_fiend wrote:

mhuk wrote:
When someone pays money into your paypal account- take it out straight away."You are protected by Paypal".. ha ha.
Paypal can, and will snatch it back out of your bank account .. believe
That is why you should send things registered with a tracking number. That way the person cannot say it did not arrive.

I've had no problems from people with zero feedback. Just avoid the obvious Nigerian scammers and you'll be fine.

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
you'll tend to find alot of scammers wont waste time bidding for stuff, they just go for the buy it now auctions.

I had 2 items listed buy it now, i re-listed them both THREE times due to scammers, once relisted as normal 7 day auctions they sold no probs.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The main problem you get with zero feedback bidders is they dont pay. If they pay then you can be pretty confident things will run smoothly from there.

mhuk

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 9, 2006
Worcester
AKA
Mark
Paypal will attempt to take money out of your Paypal account only. That's why you should remove any money paid into it (as a legit seller) to protect yourself.

Hope all goes well with AEs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online