Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Do we want them? Are they just the crap thats left on the eidting room floor?

I cannot think of a single one I would have paid for!

Injector

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 23, 2005
In a shed
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hmm, the percentage must be very slim. On reissues, more often than not they actually spoil the album IMO.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You might get a live version of a studio track, whichcould be anice alternative.

hifikrazy

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
, ,
AKA
Tim
Sometimes the tracks hidden at the beginning of a CD can be real gems. But somewhat annoying, they should just put them on the album properly. (or is this not what you mean by bonus?)

jon

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
, ,
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You do get the occasional great track - the live version of 'my generation' on Patti Smith's Horses, Nick Cave's 'Bless His Everloving Heart' or the acoustic versions bonus CD (the bonus CD now sells for more than the album it came with
smile.png
). Mostly shite, though...

Jon

peter312

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 29, 2005
Cheshire, UK
AKA
Peter
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hifikrazy wrote:

Sometimes the tracks hidden at the beginning of a CD can be real gems. But somewhat annoying, they should just put them on the album properly. (or is this not what you mean by bonus?)
I agree with you - I hate it when you get a 12 minute track which turns out to be a 5 minute track, followed by 3 minutes silence and another 4 minute track!

E

earl of sodbury

They're mostly a pain in the arse - I've got several albums where a really prolonged silence is followed either by the most godawful racket (Infinite Livez "Bushmeat") or a tirade of Derek & Clive style abuse (Wevie de Crepon "The Age Old Age of Old Age").

Once nodded-off at the end of the former's main titles, only to be woken 20 minutes later by the "hidden" track at very high volume : would probably have shat myself if I hadn't been so busy with the heart-attack...

hifikrazy

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 27, 2005
, ,
AKA
Tim
I only find the ones at the end mildly irritating. Its the ones at the beginning( Track 0 - some cd players/cd-roms wont actually play it!) that really annoy me, where you actually have to cue the first track up and then wind backwards all the way thru it to find the start of the hidden track.

big_malcy

Wammer
New Wammer
Nov 27, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland,
Ryan Adams - Rolsalie on the Gold album is awsome, although it doesn't really fit the album, its as if its just been chucked on last minute at the end. Superb track though

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Often the case that they were best left out but some exceptions - the Who's Next reissues has some absolute gems which only asks why it wasn't a double LP in the 1st place?

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
On the one hand the extra album of alternative & live versions with John Martyn's One World re-issue is excellent, then on the other the alternative versions on Marquee Moon re-issue demonstrate exactly why these versions never made the original album, but it is worth having Little Johnny Jewel.

Generally bonus tracks are shite (IMO).

Boxer

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Strat wrote:

Often the case that they were best left out but some exceptions - the Who's Next reissues has some absolute gems which only asks why it wasn't a double LP in the 1st place?
Good point I'd forgotten that album, also De-luxe edition of Live at Leeds has some great stuff that wasn't originally released (a whole CD's worth).

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ClassikFan wrote:

The Strat wrote:
Good point I'd forgotten that album, also De-luxe edition of Live at Leeds has some great stuff that wasn't originally released (a whole CD's worth).
CF - I've gone mad with buying stuff recently meant to buy Live at Leedsbut had forgotten it - oh well Amazon here I come!

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I had a mad Radiohead fit a while ago and bought all their singles on CDs just for the bonus tracks. Most of them are better than the singles.

Bowie's Heathen album has a bonus CD with a track called 'Conversation Piece' which is better than the entire album. I think there are a lot of exceptions but generally I'd agree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.