Wammer
Wammer
Jun 4, 2015
ilminster
AKA
gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You can't get closer than actually on the wall and PMC Wafer's do just that. Slim, discrete and an excellent soundstage.

moo-fi

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 5, 2009
Doncaster
AKA
Fred
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I heard them at various Hi-Fi shows and they do seem to work rather well.  Fit and finish is not the greatest, but certainly worth seeking a pair out to listen too.

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I like the room looks cosy but I can see your problem. Sealed or front ported is usually your best option. Wall mounted being a safe bet.

But these work quite well in corners and close to walls :D

Sorry couldnt resist :) But seriously been in smaller rooms than that and its very satisfying with great hifi. Now I tell you what would really work a treat with your Naim !! It be number 1 on my list if I was there!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Old Git

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Dont just take my word for it, do a google images search for naim / p3esr. They cant all be wrong, especially in smaller spaces.

Denim Demon

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2012
South Yorkshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
FFS just buy some Larsen, NVA Cubes, Shaininian's and try them. Either you'll like what they do or you won't. The shite above just forget and try for yourself.

britishcomposers

britishcomposers
Wammer
Nov 8, 2017
Shaftesbury, Dorset
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I may be late here, but thought to add this to the suggestions.  There may be critisism for this suggestion but I remember experimenting years ago with wall proximities on certain loudspeakers, including the no-go area of corners, just to see what variables occurred, (this was a long time ago and early on in my days with messing around with equipment), but if having the speakers hard against the wall and inverting the phase of both speakers, which does the inevitable with the diaphragms, it alleviated the cancellation effect with the bass and brought about more depth to the soundstage.  However, this was with a pair of infinite baffle Celestion Ditton 44 enclosures on stands.  Playing across the width in what looks like a pretty safe room, free of highly resonant surfaces or structure should rein-in the strong bass your set-up (I imagine) probably produces in less than ideal circumstances, but this simple experiment may be worth trying once you have adjusted to the sound with the system in it's standard set-up first.  

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just try as many as you can to see how they perform in situ .. ideally sealed boxes or if they vent make shure they DO NOT vent out of the back of the loudspeaker :)    .. I would be tempted to get a pair of JR 149s and mount them on shelves :)  

• Upvote
Reactions: eddie-baby

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
gosh , nearly pulled the plug on those larsens , they do sound interesting . someone got a bargain at 821 quid !!!! i year old 

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I went in too cheap, was hoping for a billy bargain at £666! Someone should be happy with their purchase.

It's got me interested more now, always the same when you weren't successful and have the bit between your teeth so will be booking a listening session after Xmas for the 8's I feel at the Audio Barn... :D

I need to find out about their imaging issues to see if it bothers me too much.

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes someone got a bargain, maybe they have a pair of 8`s to sell sometime . worth watching out for 

look forward to the review when you have heard them 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles