Completely Moreish! Ultimate sit-in-front-of-the-stereo food?

Hayward

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 29, 2011
bonne-maman-madeleine-au-chocolat.jpg

Flippin' 'eck these are good! :love:

nasu

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 26, 2013
Oxfordshire
AKA
Seamus
For me it's got to be homemade bread, decent cheese, and chilli jam - served with a decent real ale of course!

Ozexpat

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
the brewhouse
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For me it's got to be homemade bread, decent cheese, and chilli jam - served with a decent real ale of course!
Oh yes !!!

We used to swear by Tracklemans but now Narelle make her own from homegrown produce. Awesome on a slab of Montgomery Cheddar :22:

nasu

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 26, 2013
Oxfordshire
AKA
Seamus
Oh yes !!!We used to swear by Tracklemans but now Narelle make her own from homegrown produce. Awesome on a slab of Montgomery Cheddar :22:
Mrs tends to make the chilli Jam these days, I get a bit nervous handling the napalm after a slight splash while making it left me with a few light burns. I've been consigned to growing the habaneros and baking the bread.

Tried Bathmole, Blue auvergne, Cerne Abbas & Monty with the hananero jam, pears, grapes, home made granary and Rebellion Red the other night, we were both going on about how good it tasted for days.

Forget wine and cheese, Ale and Cheese :^

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cheese.

Almost any cheese, but especially something with blue bits that's sensibly mature.

A good chutney. Not overly fond of anything with too much chilli, as it can take away the subtlety of a really good cheese. Have two pots left of last year's chutney. Green tomatoes from the garden, shallots, spices and red wine vinegar. Left to stew on a low heat for about ten hours, then bottled and left for at least six months.

The choice is always between a really good cheddar, or something blue.

And a decent ale. None of your poncey lagers please.

I love a Belgian beer (or half a dozen), but not with cheese and biscuits. No sir. English ale is a requirement.

As an alternative, a few Belgian bottles with some savoury snacks. Something fish-based on a thin and toasted slice works perfectly.

Third alternative, bacon, sausages, beans, fried slice, fried egg, black pudding.

Shit. I'm hungry.

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
and you have them as snacks... as inbetween meals? are you a fat fuck..? :D
I am a mere slip of a lad.

OK, yes. If not actually a fat fuck, I am at least a somewhat overweight fuck.

It's life.

- - - Updated - - -

Cheese doesn't make you fat, eat as much as you like.
It does. I have. I am.

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
A proper bag of butchers pork scratchings (not the supermarket salty bags of shite). Preferably from deepest Black Country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online