DAC and Headphone amp for Android tablet

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm very green in this area so please forgive my basic lack of knowledge.

I've seen small devices in the passing like from Oppo and Chord for example. I presume them to be dacs and headphone amps. Right ?

I have the Samsung Tab S and I know it has Bluetooth and I know it has a mini USB but I don't know if this works for the purpose of outputting a digital stream. Maybe I'd be limited to Bluetooth for that ? I haven't tried to wade into the instructions, maybe you can save me ?

The speakers on the unit are next to useless and I could use direct analogue connection headphones, but I want better than that.

I'd love to, for example, be able to stream Netflix and get decent quality sound via headphones. I might load up some of my music too, to enjoy out and about.

Suggestions please ?  And what are my output options from a Tab S ?

Thanks

Cloth Ears dot

peterh

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 20, 2005
Manchester, , United
AKA
Peter
A friend uses one of these and he is very impressed by it. About £275 but could be more expensive now given the pounding the ££ has taken in recent days. I know Graham Slee does something similar here and no doubt other bits of kit are available.

Cloth-Ears.

Censored Wammer
Wammer
Jul 11, 2016
Pie Town NM
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Peachtree, I think that's John Westlake's company so would be keen.

But does my Tab S give a raw digital stream for such a device to work on ? Does it do it by USB ? Sorry but I'm a numty with Android devices and the lack of a printed manual doesn't help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.