Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm selling all my surplus turntable spares etc and want to expand my Jazz vinyl collection with the proceeds of the sales.
Where might I look to buy? Where do you guys buy from?
Suggestions please

Cheers
trumpetman

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm selling all my surplus turntable spares etc and want to expand my Jazz vinyl collection with the proceeds of the sales.
Where might I look to buy? Where do you guys buy from?
Suggestions please

Cheers
trumpetman
I bought the majority of mine form record fairs and Deco Audio. I specifically mention Deco Audio because I have bought loads from them, they accurately grade and clean all LPs, and they are very good value. I normally pay £4-8 for secondhand LPs from them. And they do decent coffee.

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought the majority of mine form record fairs and Deco Audio. I specifically mention Deco Audio because I have bought loads from them, they accurately grade and clean all LPs, and they are very good value. I normally pay £4-8 for secondhand LPs from them. And they do decent coffee.
@DomT I've just had a look at their website, is the record side still running? The link appears not to work :(

DUVET

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 7, 2021
Middle
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
wp49d6aac5_06.png

New and Used LPs

We always keep a variety of new and used LPs in a small corner of the store, there are too many to list them all here so why not pop in and have a browse, or look at our online shop at which has a selection of some of our new and used stock:
www.thevicioussquirrel.co.uk
Sorry, the website is currently unavailable while our webhost updates their systems

Reactions: trumpetman

aoxomoxoa

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 5, 2012
Oxfordshire
Check out Hillside Harmonies in Slaithwaite nr Huddersfield. Their primary focus is on s/h classical vinyl but they usually have a decent range of jazz too. I think most of their stock is on their eBay store, but well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Record Fairs are a good place to start.
eBay is to be avoided according to my information - vinyl often misdescribed re condition.

Boot fairs not so much as the skirmishers get there first and its generally 'cr-p'.
Our classifieds? Baggawire is a jazz fan and sometimes has the occasional sale.

Jack NSM

• Upvote
Reactions: DomT and trumpetman

petrichor

Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
eBay generally unpopular on here but my experience has been generally good. Bought approx. 200 LP's over the past 10 or so years off eBay and have had about half a dozen incorrectly graded and some of these looked visually OK but not when played. Had only 1 no show. I only buy grade "Excellent" or better but on the other hand many of these I would have considered as "Near Mint".
Have also bought a dozen or so off Discogs but only due to availability or price. All my records are from mid sixties - early seventies era.
I always carefully check sellers feedback and avoid if not completely happy with buyers comments.

I think the availability on eBay (and Discogs) outweigh not being able to physically examine the records and, after all, many record shops also sell on eBay and/or Discogs.

petrichor

Wammer
Wammer
May 29, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
eBay generally unpopular on here but my experience has been generally good. Bought approx. 200 LP's over the past 10 or so years off eBay and have had about half a dozen incorrectly graded and some of these looked visually OK but not when played. Had only 1 no show. I only buy grade "Excellent" or better but on the other hand many of these I would have considered as "Near Mint".
Have also bought a dozen or so off Discogs but only due to availability or price. All my records are from mid sixties - early seventies era.
I always carefully check sellers feedback and avoid if not completely happy with buyers comments.

I think the availability on eBay (and Discogs) outweigh not being able to physically examine the records and, after all, many record shops also sell on eBay and/or Discogs.
Just a note of a quirk of Discogs is that they don't have an "Excellent" grading, going from "Very Good" straight to "Near Mint" but reading their definitions their "Very Good" appears to be very similar to Record Collector "Excellent" definition.

trumpetman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 16, 2009
Worcestershire
AKA
Trumpet
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for all the replies.
I'm expecting a reply from Jazzhouse - bit slow to be honest, but the stock is what I'm looking for.
Got to look at Discogs now.....busy day :)

graham67

Wammer
Wammer
May 19, 2010
Bens records in Guildford is good. And the regular record fairs at the Guildford Guild Hall and G Live are an excellent source of vinyl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online