Delighted with my system

curtis

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2005
Herts, , United King
Well chaps just wanted to let you know how delighted i am with the sound of my system.

I know there are many posts on here about upgrading or changing the sound of their system but im glad that my long road has come to an end.

I was listening to Jimi Hendrix last night and the amount of info, sound, recording of venueand layers that were gushing from the speakers was truly outstanding and all without pulling the music apart or losing the groove.

In factI came to the decision last night that for me Voodoo child has to be the greatest song I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

My wife commented on how could such small speakers produce such a large expansive and loud sound.
smile.png

So job done, well has been for the last 2 years really but for all who dont know my system it is as follows:

Classe CDP-10 CD Player

Krell 400xi Integrated Amp

Dynaudio 1.3 MkII speakers

Custom Design SQ404 speaker stands

Optimum OPT440 hifi stand

Luminous Audio Synchestra Sig continuous cast copper speaker cables

Transparent Musiclink Plus balanced XLR IC's

And lets not forget a bloody good room to house the sound.

Simply marvelous and definately the sum of parts.

Curt

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
curtis wrote:

Well chaps just wanted to let you know how delighted i am with the sound of my system.I know there are many posts on here about upgrading or changing the sound of their system but im glad that my long road has come to an end.

I was listening to Jimi Hendrix last night and the amount of info, sound, recording of venueand layers that were gushing from the speakers was truly outstanding and all without pulling the music apart or losing the groove.

In factI came to the decision last night that for me Voodoo child has to be the greatest song I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

My wife commented on how could such small speakers produce such a large expansive and loud sound.
smile.png

So job done, well has been for the last 2 years really but for all who dont know my system it is as follows:

Classe CDP-10 CD Player

Krell 400xi Integrated Amp

Dynaudio 1.3 MkII speakers

Custom Design SQ404 speaker stands

Optimum OPT440 hifi stand

Luminous Audio Synchestra Sig continuous cast copper speaker cables

Transparent Musiclink Plus balanced XLR IC's

And lets not forget a bloody good room to house the sound.

Simply marvelous and definately the sum of parts.

Curt
You sure you still want me to bring the X-03 over in the next couple of weeks?
wink.png
tongue.png

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
That CDP-10 and Krell should gel together like a cream and custard on the most delicious triful! and the dyn on the end of them, I can just imagine the best bass sound for the money.

:^well done

C

CarlBkk

It does sound like a well-matched system. Any pics of it and the listening room?

I used to live in a house with a lovely big living room but wooden floors. My hi-fi sounded terrible, hollow and painfulthere, even though the speakers had plenty of space to be away from the walls. In another smaller room with carpet it sounded excellent. Now I'm getting together another system in Asia (where having carpets in the house is a big no-no) I'm worried about the wooden floor syndrome again.

curtis

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2005
Herts, , United King
CarlBkk wrote:

It does sound like a well-matched system. Any pics of it and the listening room?I used to live in a house with a lovely big living room but wooden floors. My hi-fi sounded terrible, hollow and painfulthere, even though the speakers had plenty of space to be away from the walls. In another smaller room with carpet it sounded excellent. Now I'm getting together another system in Asia (where having carpets in the house is a big no-no) I'm worried about the wooden floor syndrome again.
No Pics as of yet Carl but im working on it.

Wooden floors are a nightmare with hifi, expensive visit to the rug shop me feels.
smile.png

Curt

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
well done lad....I hope your stronger willed than me and dont even THINK about other kit for at least errrm... two months?:lmao:

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
curtis wrote:

wink.png
tongue.png
Hehe Phil good point but hey I'll never be able to afford one anyway:)

Curt
Surely not unaffordable for an IT Recruitment Consultant?

ANy job title that says IT or Consultant pay a small fortune and you've got both!

wink.png

Testure

Clean gloves hide dirty hands
Wammer Plus
Jul 21, 2005
West London/ Watford
AKA
Testy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
ClassikFan wrote:

curtis wrote:
wink.png
tongue.png
Hehe Phil good point but hey I'll never be able to afford one anyway:)

Curt
Surely not unaffordable for an IT Recruitment Consultant?

ANy job title that says IT or Consultant pay a small fortune and you've got both!

wink.png
(Un)Fortunately most of it goes to upgrading the dungeon:p

Steveh

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 3, 2007
Darkest Yorkshire
AKA
tallow vendor
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
:green:Congrats Curtis on putting together your very fine system.

great source/lots of transistor watts gripping excellent speakers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online