Denon or Yamaha Receiver

Ladaislind

New Wammer
Apr 1, 2021
Hi guys, I need your help, I want to build a sound system, because my TV is just awful sound, I don't understand sound topics, I read on the Internet that Klipsch make good speakers, + my neighbor uses their speakers. I found information about receivers here

[SIZE=10pt]https://theguruchoice.com/av-receivers/4k-receivers/[/SIZE] recommend Yamaha and Denon. The neighbor says that Denon will be better, but as an audiophile I can feel the difference?

Denon AVR-X2700H vs Yamaha RX-V685

Gizza

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Mar 12, 2011
Sutton Coldfield
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi, Yamaha and Denon are both well regarded. I don't have any experience of Yamaha equipment but I do own a Denon AVR-4500H A/V receiver which I'm incredibly pleased with and which I would recommend without hesitation. The AVR-X2700H is very well reviewed, I am certain you would be very happy with it.

Reactions: Ladaislind

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Can't say I've directly compared to Denon but I've stuck with Yamaha over the years. I've found them to be reliable and feature rich. Sound is quite dynamic and powerful. If you're looking for something that's musical for 2 channel, try Marantz. I'd avoid Arcam personally.

Klipsch are an acquired taste, but if you like the sound of your neighbour's system, go for it.

newlash09

Iam deaf at the ears, but way more dumb in between
Wammer
Aug 10, 2018
India
AKA
Y.Manohar / mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I started in HT a long time ago, and visited the dealer demo's in my vicinity for different AV receivers. And though  I eventually bought a marantz, as wife and daughter mostly listen to music all day, so it had to have a smooth all day usability. 

For pure movies, nothing could touch a yamaha aventage receiver.  Both marantz and denon sound reserved in comparison. Where as the yamaha was really hard hitting with a nail biting sound, for those edge of the seat thrillers. 

Since I now have a dedicated 2 channel system, iam just waiting on the marantz to hang up the ghost, so I can get the latest yamaha aventage AV receiver. 

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online