Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s interesting, shows the importance of loading sorbothane correctly as it’s effectiveness as an isolator is reduced if over or under loaded. Different thicknesses and hardness are available to adjust, or you can just add more pieces of the same type to spread the load.

Reactions: This boy can wait

indicative

New Wammer
Jan 4, 2021
Hi @wammer,

Is there any chance that you can measure up the plinth of one of your D15 speakers for me?

I have sold on a single D15 (that I had bought to use as a centre, and have sold for the same purpose) to someone, and the plinth got lost in the post (long story).

ProAc don't have any more spares, and don't have any drawings from the D15 cabinets, so I want to get a new plinth made.

Thanks in advance....

This boy can wait

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 15, 2008
Thirsk, N Yorks
AKA
Stef
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi @wammer,

Is there any chance that you can measure up the plinth of one of your D15 speakers for me?

I have sold on a single D15 (that I had bought to use as a centre, and have sold for the same purpose) to someone, and the plinth got lost in the post (long story).

ProAc don't have any more spares, and don't have any drawings from the D15 cabinets, so I want to get a new plinth made.

Thanks in advance....
Here you go..

IMG_5950.jpg

D15 plinth.jpg

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Nobsound feet look interesting and all good reviews on Amazon? £40 for four if anyone’s interested 
They are good - especially under a valve amp. Bear in mind that as they are a spring support they need to be loaded correctly to work effectively.  You can adjust the number of springs in each unit but I would suggest that 3 springs is the minimum for stability - that equates to around 4kg per foot, so 12kg min for 3 feet.  It does tend to rule out lighter components unless you also add weight such as a granite chopping board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online