Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
GJO wrote:

Emma Royd wrote:
GJO wrote:
Depends whats around re newbies,but would estimate £50-£100,although if I visit Criminal Records in T/Wells,this will go up another £100 or so
smile.png
:)
Is that the 2nd record shop near the multi story car park,up to the lights,turn left and its just down on the left?
The best way to describe is,exit McDonalds,turn right and follow the path round the corner and it's on the right next to a deli type shop,good selection of vinyl on 1st floor.
Apologies I do know that shop,never bought anything there.

Have you tried the one I've mentioned,its a couple of minutes away,not such a large selection as criminal,but no doubt cheaper?

GJO

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2006
Kent, ,
AKA
Graham
Emma Royd wrote:

GJO wrote:
Emma Royd wrote:
GJO wrote:
Depends whats around re newbies,but would estimate £50-£100,although if I visit Criminal Records in T/Wells,this will go up another £100 or so
smile.png
Is that the 2nd record shop near the multi story car park,up to the lights,turn left and its just down on the left?
The best way to describe is,exit McDonalds,turn right and follow the path round the corner and it's on the right next to a deli type shop,good selection of vinyl on 1st floor.
Apologies I do know that shop,never bought anything there.

Have you tried the one I've mentioned,its a couple of minutes away,not such a large selection as criminal,but no doubt cheaper?
Don't know of that one,can you give a better description as to it's location

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
GJO wrote:

Don'tknow of that one,can you give a better description as to it's location
Go past criminal and follow the road round,as I remember you go past a car park entrance(newish building)

When you go past criminal they will be on your right.

Slightly uphill theres a set of lights,turn left and its a couple of shops down on the left.Its a smallish shop and Ithink he doesnt open til ten(could be wrong).

Was there earlier in the year,bought three Joni Mitchell orig ist pressings steamboat lable about £25-£30,when I got home,already had one,lol.

GJO

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2006
Kent, ,
AKA
Graham
Emma Royd wrote:

GJO wrote:
Don'tknow of that one,can you give a better description as to it's location
Go past criminal and follow the road round,as I remember you go past a car park entrance(newish building)

Slightly uphill theres a set of lights,turn left and its a couple of shops down on the left.Its a smallish shop and Ithink he doesnt open til ten(could be wrong).

Was there earlier in the year,bought three Joni Mitchell orig ist pressings steamboat lable about £25-£30,when I got home,already had one,lol.
Thanks,think I have been there before,same here,buy something come home to find I already have it.

Emma Royd

Super Wammer Plus
Wammer
May 10, 2006
Dartford
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shakey wrote:

:cs:You guys are gettin me all nostalgic! I too am a Kentish man, born in Gravesend, lived in Dartford but spent most of my days in Maidstone...what the bloody 'ell am I doin up ere!:eek:t:I know, I couldn't help myself though...
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif
What are you doing up there?

Shakey

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2006
Wallingford, Oxon.
AKA
Gavin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well I came up here to University (to try and get far enough away so my parents couldn't visit too often:D), fell in love with my better half (aaaahhh) and I've just stopped here! Probably couldn't afford to move back down that way even we both wanted to. Anyway, it's not too bad up here (beers cheaper!), like I said I just get a bit nostalgic sometimes and miss it a bit, some great memories! Especially during the summer months! There's nothing like the rolling meadows of Kent on a scorching summers day, up on the Downs with a big bag of green, jumpers for goalposts....

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shakey wrote:

:cs:You guys are gettin me all nostalgic! I too am a Kentish man, born in Gravesend, lived in Dartford but spent most of my days in Maidstone...what the bloody 'ell am I doin up ere!:eek:t:I know, I couldn't help myself though...
cry_smile.gif.e6f167d6925baafe229b8957ba771316.gif
Shakey, drove through Pudsey many times, when I was at IBM/Yorkshire Water I used to work in (at) Halifax/Bradford and live in Leeds.

Got to worry about a place named after a toy bear
tongue.png
(and yes I do know the real story).

apologies for the
offtopic.gif.c09bdacfc587fb66428df9e2d35198fe.gif

However there used to be a very good 2nd hand shop in Halifax, got some good industrial stuff from there once. Still go up there every year to visit friends.

GJO

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2006
Kent, ,
AKA
Graham
Shakey wrote:

Well I came up here to University (to try and get far enough away so my parents couldn't visit too often:D), fell in love with my better half (aaaahhh) and I've just stopped here! Probably couldn't afford to move back down that way even we both wanted to. Anyway, it's not too bad up here (beers cheaper!), like I said I just get a bit nostalgic sometimes and miss it a bit, some great memories! Especially during the summer months! There's nothing like the rolling meadows of Kent on a scorching summers day, up on the Downs with a big bag of green, jumpers for goalposts....
Just looking at the North downs out of the window,looks a bit misty today,havn't got any green,only gold
smile.png

Shakey

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2006
Wallingford, Oxon.
AKA
Gavin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
griffo104 wrote:

apologies for the
No apologies necessary!
However there used to be a very good 2nd hand shop in Halifax, got some good industrial stuff from there once. Still go up there every year to visit friends.
There are only a couple that I know of in the outside market/quadrangle bit (can't remember what its called, bugger). One is very good for old rock 'n' stuff, cheap too!

Shakey

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2006
Wallingford, Oxon.
AKA
Gavin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
GJO wrote:

Just looking at the North downs out of the window,looks a bit misty today,havn't got any green,only gold
smile.png
Unles I'm that out of touch you're gonna need it!:)Aah the downs though, me eyes are gettin misty again...

(as Griffo rightly said though
, I'll stop this self indulgent twaddle now:))

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Shakey wrote:

griffo104 wrote:
apologies for the
No apologies necessary!
There are only a couple that I know of in the outside market/quadrangle bit (can't remember what its called, bugger). One is very good for old rock 'n' stuff, cheap too!
Shakey, I think you mean Piece Hall (although not sure whether it'sPiece or Peace
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
). Bought several excellent records from there myself.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
on average £60 but having seen so many nice ones this month and having bought £122 on SACD about £200

I do agree with this comment

I've got so many LP's I haven't listened to yet, I wonder why I keep buying more.

epca

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2006
Barking
AKA
Ed
Around £100-£200 a month. Depends on what the classical sales are like at HMV Oxford St, and what I am interested in on Amazon and Berkshire.

Ed

garyi

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2005
, ,
Although clearly another thread where one can extend ones penis around the world what has to be asked is how much this music is listened too?

300 quid a month on CDs at today's prices is around 25 CDs, at say 45 minutes a piece, plus the rest of your collection building up much like a credit card interest bill and I would almost lay money down that 60-70% of the CDs purchased get played once, and probably not all the way through and are only kept to show off how many CDs you own.

I am not taking the piss, I have been through it myself, eventually you come out the other end and realise that keeping hold of the music you want to hear and not purchasing just because you have money is probably the way forward.

Obviously we all have different tastes, but no matter how broad your tastes are there are not 25 new releases a month that you will listen to time after time.

Perhaps some of you should give a bit of money to charity or something.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
garyi wrote:

Although clearly another thread where one can extend ones penis around the world what has to be asked is how much this music is listened too?300 quid a month on CDs at today's prices is around 25 CDs, at say 45 minutes a piece, plus the rest of your collection building up much like a credit card interest bill and I would almost lay money down that 60-70% of the CDs purchased get played once, and probably not all the way through and are only kept to show off how many CDs you own.

I am not taking the piss, I have been through it myself, eventually you come out the other end and realise that keeping hold of the music you want to hear and not purchasing just because you have money is probably the way forward.

Obviously we all have different tastes, but no matter how broad your tastes are there are not 25 new releases a month that you will listen to time after time.

Perhaps some of you should give a bit of money to charity or something.
Good point. Listen to a lot via free downloads, buy what's worth repeated listens in full-quality CD. There's a lot of people doing it, it's about time the record companies wised up.

yoda900

Wammer Plus
Sep 20, 2005
Cheshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Why not try a pair of Impresions then your whole collection is like new.
biggrin.png

As Uni starts tomorrow I'm officially skint for the forseable future so I will be living off hand me downs and the generosity of friends and family new music wise.
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif

I am delighted that eldest (just back from Romania after working in an Orphanage) has acheived a place at Manchester Uni to do a Masters in languages so my money is best spent on her rather than new music.

The Impressions have given me a whole new collection so I have plenty to be going at in the meantime.

Birthday/ Christmas money will be spent on Music thats why people give me money not pressies as most don't know that the majority of music out there is not top twenty material so they know not to buy stuff.

A big thanks to Lee for broadening my horizons.

This year has been very interesting thanks to the tent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.