OllieGuy94

New Wammer
Jan 2, 2022
Milton Keynes
AKA
Ollie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
To the distaste of most of the members on here (judging by the lack of posts on the topic) my go to is drum and bass, early stuff through to current stuff. Mainly Liquid & deeper stuff, I just love me a good drum break. From Calibre through to the likes of Goldie & Bladerunner. With an open mind there is so much to discover. 

Big fan of Trip Hop, artists such as Massive Attack & Portishead, and generally the Grunge stuff of the 90's. Oh and a little sprinkle of Sade because how could you not 🙂

Motown & Soul, Hip Hop, Reggae, Rock N Roll. I really like a little bit of everything. 

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
Presently listening to The Artist on UK Bass radio whilst doing (?) admin in the office🤩
✋🤚🔊🔊🔊🎶🎶🎶

Reactions: Beefheart

WolvesWill

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 4, 2010
Wolverhampton
AKA
William Lee
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Love a bit of drum and bass though not into it as much as my uni days (think mid 2000s, so Pendulum, Sub Focus etc plus lots the stuff out out on Ram and Hospital Records).

Breakage - Rain is a bit downtempo to be considered DnB proper but its still my go to track to show off some proper bass when someone new wants to hear what the hifi can do!

Reactions: Beefheart

Shadowbox81

Wammer
Sep 10, 2016
Bedfordshire
AKA
Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm happy to get involved in this. Grew up with drum & b

Love a bit of drum and bass though not into it as much as my uni days (think mid 2000s, so Pendulum, Sub Focus etc plus lots the stuff out out on Ram and Hospital Records).

Breakage - Rain is a bit downtempo to be considered DnB proper but its still my go to track to show off some proper bass when someone new wants to hear what the hifi can do!
Ha ha. I'm more 90s dnb and jungle but yeah, it's nice to go off piste with it at shows etc. My go to track recently is The Angels Fell by Dillinja, not only for the sub base, but also for the strings in the intro which loop nicely on better systems

Last edited:
Reactions: Beefheart and chezi

Beefheart

Wammer
Dec 14, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@bullinachinashop Really enjoying that YT link you posted, the guy has some talent!

I listening as I write, thank you.

Brings back memories of Roni Size doing a set at Bagleys. The place heaving, those badly painted brick walls running with the “dew” of a few hundred closely packed bodies. All accept one dude whose dance style meant he had 3 foot exclusion zone around him.

You know those air dancer things you see outside a US used car company? He was one of those made flesh. Any poor soul that fell into that event horizon was sure to get hit.

Still, he looked like he was enjoying himself.

And after all, isn't that what it's all about!

Beefy.

Shadowbox81

Wammer
Sep 10, 2016
Bedfordshire
AKA
Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
@bullinachinashop Really enjoying that YT link you posted, the guy has some talent!

I listening as I write, thank you.

Brings back memories of Roni Size doing a set at Bagleys. The place heaving, those badly painted brick walls running with the “dew” of a few hundred closely packed bodies. All accept one dude whose dance style meant he had 3 foot exclusion zone around him.

You know those air dancer things you see outside a US used car company? He was one of those made flesh. Any poor soul that fell into that event horizon was sure to get hit.

Still, he looked like he was enjoying himself.

And after all, isn't that what it's all about!

Beefy.
Ah, Bagley's Nightclub. Many happy memories there, and yes, remember those bricks well, sodding wet from the masses dancing in there, the heat tempered only by occasional trips out to the terrace or the ice poles being sold on the dancefloor.

Great times

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online