Dyanudio XEO Wireless Active Speaker System

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
http://www.dynaudio.com/int/xeo/index.php

http://www.dynaudio.com/int/xeo/Xeo_is_Multi_source.php

Interesting combo of "Wireless transmitter" which is Digital Toslink/USB & 2 line source anlg pre-amp. Very cool I have to say, just spotted them on eBay.

Compact and 4 inputs.

transm2.jpg

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
You need to have Dynaudio wireless speakers. It would be nice if people agreed a standard for such things so that all active monitors can work in the same way and then mixer desks etc. could have the transmitter built in.

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
You need to have Dynaudio wireless speakers. It would be nice if people agreed a standard for such things so that all active monitors can work in the same way and then mixer desks etc. could have the transmitter built in.
Yes I was talking about the whole package Ten, transmitter and speakers. Nice ramp up of sources that can be attached away from speakers unlike other actives that have sources attached directly to them. Very interesting little solution. imagine that little DAC/Pre-amp under your TV, laptop & TV, DVD hooked up. I think it is a really neat situation.

7Oaks prices £1350 for the XEO 3 standmounts and £2600 for the XEO 5 floorers.

Interesting review here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/514-dynaudio-xeo-3-wireless-loudspeaker-system-review/

DYN-Xeo3-black.jpg

SergeAuckland

Certified Measurist
Wammer
May 6, 2008
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not sure I understand the benefit of wireless loudspeakers when they still need a mains connection. A combined mains/signal cable as is done for video applications would mean there's then only one wire going to the loudspeakers, just as there is with wireless 'speakers. So what am I missing?

S

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
I'd easily locate a 1m or 2m power cable to each speaker Serge, without the need for trying to get 4-7m of speaker cabling to each speaker from the amp. Also would give more flexibility of where you can locate the "amp" away from the speakers, after years of banging my head under floorboard routing cables and long length XLR ICs to amps etc. This seems a nice grief free way of doing things in an home environment.

Tenson

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2006
I wonder if there is any delay? The Airport Express does when playing music so not helpful for TV.

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes and preferably not over blue tooth.

Tune

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2006
Maidenhead, , United
AKA
Michael
I wonder if there is any delay? The Airport Express does when playing music so not helpful for TV.
Yes there is Tenson.

They are of course utterly useless with any video based source.

Given that most people use loudspeakers for many different platforms, the XEO's have to date had a very slow takeup.

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Michael, agree about the audio delay conundrum in video terms. It is not mentioned anywhere I have seen, given the amount of audio delay horror stories I have heard of in the past with video sources into AV processors - AV amps etc, I'd imagine it is a concern.

BTW only highlighting the technology, not pushing it, I agree if a TV, laptop or any other visual device is attached that is playing a music/lip synched audio track, and delays are there. Unacceptable. Has anyone heard that the XEO has a bad lag in audio from say a TV or DVD-V or BLur-ray?

I just think that the wireless receiver digital pre-amp is very interesting. It is taking wireless and actives speakers to a new realm. Has me thinking anyway.

wolf larson

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Epsom, Surrey
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
NB that the Xeo transmitter is ltd to 16-bit/48kHz max and any data above this is downsampled, so they're not ideal for hi-res audio

cjr

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
UK
Andrew, given the iffy look of distrust & concern that many audiophiles have for; wireless streaming, Spotify 320kbps Vorbis via non Asynch USB, Toslink SPDIF, 3.5mm analogue stereo minjack ...... all of these connection modes would make your normal audiophile do somersaults .... the last thing Dynaudio would be worrying about was 24 Bit 96 - 192khz high resolution etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.